Bachelors Degrees | Business Degree – Management Information Systems - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Business Programs
Bachelor of Science in Business (Management Information Systems) w/ CBE
Bachelor's in Business (Management Information Systems)
Information technology professionals are always in demand, so an IT degree pays big dividends in the job market.
At Excelsior College, you can earn a competency-based Bachelor of Science in Business (Management Information Systems) that's directly informed by workforce trends in the information technology industry.
A pioneer in online IT classes and distance learning, Excelsior offers an online business bachelor's that lets you earn your degree in less time than a traditional information systems management degree.
Competency-based education (CBE) at Excelsior allows you to earn your BS in Business with concentration in management information systems (MIS) by making the most of what you already know through a personalized program of study that combines course-based learning, independent study, and earned external credits.
- Course-based learning refers to Excelsior's 8 or 15-week online courses in information systems management and other subjects that are directly informed by current trends in workforce development.
- Independent study options help you pursue self-paced learning with study guides and practice tests before earning credit by exam. You can also simply test out of subjects you've already mastered.
- Earned external credits are accrued through coursework completed at other institutions, military experience, college-level exams like CLEP and DSST, learning assessment, and workforce training and professional certifications completed before and/or during your enrollment.
Created for working adults looking to advance their careers, this online business degree with management information systems focus ends with a capstone that assesses your knowledge through projects, simulations, and a summative exam.
Earn a degree that's accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education in a way that fits with your life, your budget, and your career goals.
- Maximize the value of your transfer credits from other accredited colleges.
- Take 8 or 15-week online information management classes that fit your schedule.
- Transfer more credits to lower your costs and shorten the path to your BS in Business.
- Convert your IT experience into