Bachelors MBA Degrees, Dual, Business – Management Information Systems - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Business Programs
Bachelor of Science in Business (Management Information Systems) / MBA Dual Degree Track
Bachelor's in Business (Management Information Systems)/ MBA Dual Degree
The more complex information technology becomes, the greater the demand for professionals who hold an advanced IT degree.
You can earn that degree more quickly and conveniently than ever in Excelsior College's Bachelor of Science in Business (Management Information Systems) / MBA Dual Degree Track program.
Designed for working adults, including those from a military background, Excelsior's online BS / MBA program offers more flexibility and fewer obstacles than a traditional information technology BS / MBA degree program. Excelsior offers:
- A faster track to graduation.
- Maximum transfer-credit allowance.
- An opportunity to get academic credit for work experience and military training.
- Online information technology classes that you take on your own schedule, whenever it's convenient.
- Affordable tuition, low student fees, flexible payment plans, and federal financial aid.
You can graduate more quickly and affordably at Excelsior than from most on-site IT degree programs.
Better IT Jobs, Higher Pay With an BS / MBA
A longtime leader in distance learning and adult education, Excelsior offers a BS / MBA degree that meets the highest academic standards while conveying the most current information technology practices. You'll gain advanced IT management skills that position you for leadership positions in:
- Systems design and integration
- Project management
- Information systems management
- Artificial intelligence
- Advanced programming
- Database architecture and design
- Senior IT management
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Excelsior College BS/MBA Dual Degree Program Outcomes
BS / MBA Dual Degree Credit Requirements
The BS/MBA program is offered in conjunction with the School of Business & Technology. The dual degree track requires a total of 150 credits. Students achieve graduate status after completion of the 6-credit bridge component. Students receive both their bachelor's and master's degrees after the 150 credits are completed.
Students completing the Bachelor in Science in Business to Master's in Business Administration degree program will have a foundational knowledge of business administration and strategic management, including competency in the following areas:
- Economics - Apply micro and macroeconomic concepts and theories to explain the relationship between legal, social, and economic interests of individuals and society.
- Accounting - Apply basic accounting concepts and principles to the analysis and interpretation of corporate financial statements.
- Marketing - Explain how modern marketing concepts and theories support and influence business strategies.
- Finance - Utilize financial management concepts and tools to make informed business decisions.
- Management - Apply the major concepts and theories of management and leadership in order to develop business strategies in a real-world context.
- Quantitative Analysis - Utilize quantitative research, statistics, and data analysis to analyze business data, support business decisions, and solve problems.
- Global - Analyze the opportunities and risks associated with doing business in a global environment.
- Ethics - Justify decisions by evaluating the social, ethical, and legal implications for business organizations.
- Communication - Effectively communicate business concepts orally and in writing to multiple audiences.
- Computer Skills - Utilize business computer applications and information technologies to organize and interpret business data and information.
- Teamwork/Cultural Diversity - Work effectively and collaboratively on diverse teams to complete projects on real-world scenarios.
- Critical Thinking - Employ critical thinking skills to interpret and analyze competing arguments and perspectives in a business environment.
Upon successful completion of the Excelsior College BSB to MBA program, you will be able to:
- Apply discipline-specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze, and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate a desire and commitment to remain current with and adaptive to changing business conditions through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent and critical thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional business environment.
- Communicate effectively, orally, and in writing in a professional business environment.
- Behave ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Demonstrate and utilize leadership principles in your chosen career field.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.
Specialized Business Accreditation: Intro
SPECIALIZED ACCREDITATION for Business Degrees
Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd., Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org. The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).