Bachelors Degrees | Business Degree – Operations Management | Online - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Business Programs
Bachelor of Science in Business (Operations Management) w/ CBE
Bachelor's in Business (Operations Management)
Operations management professionals make organizations more productive by designing streamlined facilities, processes, and schedules.
Likewise, Excelsior College has been helping adult students streamline their paths to a business bachelor's degree for more than 40 years.
The competency-based Bachelor of Science in Business (Operations Management) program provides you with an efficient, innovative way to complete your degree sooner, more affordably, and more conveniently than traditional operations management degree programs.
Competency-based education (CBE) at Excelsior allows you to earn your BS in Business through a personalized program of study that combines course-based learning, independent study, and earned external credits.
- Course-based learning refers to Excelsior's 8 or 15-week online courses in operations management and other subjects that are directly informed by current trends in workforce development.
- Independent study options help you pursue self-paced learning with study guides and practice tests before earning credit by exam. You can also simply test out of subjects you've already mastered.
- Earned external credits are accrued through coursework completed at other institutions, military experience, college-level exams like CLEP and DSST, learning assessment, and workforce training and professional certifications completed before and/or during your enrollment.
Meet your degree requirements in whatever combination of options works best for you, then take the capstone in which your business and operations management skills are evaluated through a series of projects, simulations, and summative exam.
Designed in alignment with industry trends, this online business degree with operations management focus is comparable to a traditional operations management degree program, and will help you advance in your career.
Earn a business degree that's accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education in a way that fits with your life, your budget, and your career goals.
- Take 8 or 15-week online operations management classes.
- Receive maximum credit for your previous college coursework.
- Receive academic credit for your prior military training and professional experience.
- Enjoy budget-friendly tuition and fees that help you keep your costs under control.
Get the Skills You'll Need in Your Operations Management Career
Excelsior's operations management classes were developed with direct input from leaders in the industry. You'll work with experienced faculty while acquiring knowledge that translates directly into the workplace. Excelsior's operations management concentration can help you compete more successfully on the job market and improve your earning potential.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS in Business Credit Requirements
BS in Business Credit Requirements
120 credits required. 60 in the arts and sciences, 51 in the business component (to include a minimum of 21 at the upper level of which 9 must be in the concentration), and 9 in the additional credit component (to include the 1-credit Information Literacy requirement).
Courses classified as upper level must be junior-senior level (300 - 400) and can be classified as a business core, concentration, and/or business elective course.