As an Excelsior College baccalaureate-level business graduate you will be able to:
- Apply general and discipline specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain current with and adaptive to changing business conditions through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional business environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional business environment.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in one's chosen career field.
We expect that as an Excelsior College baccalaureate business graduate you will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehension of the principles of accounting, marketing, finance, management and economics.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the legal and social environment of business.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the global environment of business.
- Apply ethical considerations to the obligations and responsibilities of business.
- Apply business tools to real-world situations.
- Employ information literacy techniques.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Apply business concepts and functions in an integrated manner.
Review current student learning outcomes.
120 credits required. 60 in the arts and sciences, 45 in the business component (to include a minimum of 21 at the upper level of which 9 must be in the concentration), and 15 in the additional credit component (to include the 1-credit Information Literacy requirement).
Courses classified as upper level must be junior-senior level (300 - 400) and can be classified as a business core, concentration, and/or business elective course
Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd., Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org. The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE: Bachelor of Science in Accounting (NYS CPA track) and Bachelor of Science in Business.
BS in Business / MBA with concentration in Operations Management Dual Degree Track
Master of Business Administration
Master of Business Administration with concentration in Technology Management