Upon completion of an Excelsior College Master of Business Administration, the graduate will be able to:
- Analyze real-world business problems and generate recommendations for action.
- Integrate accounting, marketing, finance, management, and economics into strategic business analysis.
- Assess the impact of the global business environment on business situations.
- Apply quantitative methods to analysis of business situations.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Communicate effectively to relevant audiences orally and in written materials.
- Collaborate in teams to produce required deliverables.
- Apply project management skills to business situations.
- Assess the ethical implications of actions for diverse stakeholders.
The MBA requires 36 - 51 credits, depending on a student's prior learning. Students may transfer in up to 24 approved credits. The program has 5 foundation requirements that can be waived on the basis of prior upper level undergraduate study in the relevant areas. Approved undergraduate courses must be no older than 10 years, with a grade of B or better. The foundation requirements are:
- Organizational Behavior
- Quantitative Analysis
Any waivers will be counted as part of the 24 credits allowed in transfer. See catalog for further details.
Master of Business Administration
MBA degree with concentration in Cybersecurity Management
MBA degree with concentration in Social Media Management
IACBE Specialized Accreditation
Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd., Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org. The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE: Bachelor of Science in Business and Master of Business Administration.