Health Care Informatics Certificate
Online Graduate Certificate from an Accredited Leader in Distance Learning
Now, more than ever, health care needs forward-thinking leaders. Help to build the industry's future with a graduate level Certificate in Health Care Informatics from Excelsior College.
A trend-setting innovator in health care education for more than 40 years, Excelsior designed this one-of-a-kind opportunity for creative health care professionals who already hold a bachelor's degree—and who are motivated to make a difference.
The health care informatics certificate program is offered in an online format that's tailored to fit within a working adult's busy schedule. You'll have the freedom to:
- Take classes where and when it's convenient for you.
- Collaborate with faculty and classmates through Excelsior's interactive online communities.
- Explore topics independently via Excelsior's Virtual Library, created in partnership with Johns Hopkins University.
- Apply what you've learned directly to your current job.
- Advance your education while balancing school, work, and family.
You'll graduate with a credential that can vault you into a leadership role at your health care organization and put your career on a whole new trajectory.
Find out about the Health Care Informatics Certificate program's benefits, course offerings, and enrollment procedures.
Become an Expert in Health Care Informatics
The Health Care Informatics Certificate program consists of six courses totaling 17 credits. You'll learn how informatics is already changing the U.S. health care system, while exploring informatics' vast untapped potential to improve health care delivery.
Working with dynamic faculty who have years of first-hand experience in health care informatics, you'll develop career-building skills and expertise in subjects such as:
- Data standards
- Informatics project management
- Relational database systems
- Planning, design, and implementation of informatics systems
- Ethical, legal, and policy issues
With a health care informatics certificate from Excelsior, you'll be equipped to make the most of your talents—and to make a major contribution to the future of health care.
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Learn more about the MSCHE accreditation programs and specialized accreditations on our accreditation page.