By completion of the program, the graduate will be able to:
- Articulate the role of the health care manager within a dynamic and challenging health care environment.
- Use critical thinking and decision-making skills to identify problems and implement changes that improve outcomes for clients and staff.
- Implement team building strategies that create partnerships and collaboration across disciplines.
- Use data to make decisions to determine effective utilization and distribution of fiscal, material, and human resources.
- Apply the principles and theories of human resource management to positively impact staff performance and quality outcomes.
- Communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders about professional and client care system issues using a variety of strategies.
- Develop departmental strategies that address the health care needs of diverse client populations.
- Manage care according to the ethical, accreditation, regulatory, and professional standards of care.
- Develop and manage an operational plan and budget.
- Create an environment that fosters professional growth and development in professional practice.
Minimum of 16 credits. Required courses:
- Ethics of Health Care
- Budget and Finance in Health Care Organizations
- Human Resource Management in Health Care Organizations
- Introduction to the Health Care Delivery System
- Leadership and Change