Health Care Management / Information Security
Online BS / MBA Dual Degree from an Accredited Leader in Distance Learning
With the health care industry in the midst of an IT revolution, demand is high for leaders who understand health care management as well as health care data.
Get the expertise you need at Excelsior College, in a convenient online format that’s designed for working adults: the Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management with dual degree option for MBA (Information Security).
This career-building dual degree program offers flexible online classes that won’t interfere with your work schedule, family commitments, or other activities. A national leader in adult education, Excelsior removes obstacles and lowers the barriers to graduation. We do it by:
- Speeding you toward graduation with generous transfer policies for approved coursework from accredited colleges.
- Offering bridge courses that satisfy requirements for both the BS and the MBA degrees, reducing your overall course load.
- Granting academic credit for health care licenses and professional certifications. Excelsior is one of the few colleges that awards this type of transfer credit.
- Limiting your expenses through affordable tuition, low student fees, and budget-friendly payment plans. (Find out how much you can save.)
- Providing superior, personalized academic support with a team of award-winning advisors.
Find out how working adults can achieve work-life balance with Excelsior’s online bachelor’s degree and fast-forward their careers with our online MBA degree programs.
A Career-Building BS / MBA Dual Degree for Working Adults
Excelsior College has earned a reputation as an academic leader among online institutions. Our health care management classes and MBA degree program were developed with input from health care industry experts, and our faculty combine years of teaching experience with first-hand professional practice.
In the health care management / information security dual degree concentration, you’ll gain job-ready expertise and skills in subjects such as:
- Health care economics
- Risk analysis and management
- Network security
- Health care regulations
- Medical terminology and technology
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Learn more about the MSCHE accreditation programs and specialized accreditations on our accreditation page.
147-credits. Undergraduate: 60 in arts and sciences, 36 professional components, 15 additional credits (medical terminology, information literacy, other college-level). Bridge: 9 credits. Graduate: 27 credits. See the credit requirements in chart form.
Upon successful completion of the BS Health Care Management program, the graduate will be able to:
- Use theories of leadership and organizational behavior to define and implement management practices in health care settings.
- Apply principles of budgeting and finance to effectively plan and manage resources within a health care organization.
- Use knowledge of health and illness, health care systems, and health care consumers to guide decision making and promote quality within health care environments.
- Implement the manager role using a legal and ethical framework.
- Incorporate multiple strategies of communication to establish collaborative relationships with members of the leadership team and other stakeholders.
- Use evidence based practice to guide human resource, clinical, and administrative decisions.
- Manage a diverse workforce in providing health care for an increasingly heterogeneous population.
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning in pursuit of excellence in managing and leading within the health care environment.
Upon successful completion of the Excelsior College MBA program, the graduate will be able to:
- Analyze real-world business problems and generate recommendations for action.
- Integrate accounting, marketing, finance, management, and economics into a strategic business analysis.
- Assess the impact of the global business environment on business situations.
- Apply quantitative methods to analysis of business situations.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Communicate effectively to relevant audiences in written materials.
- Collaborate in teams to produce required deliverables.
- Apply Project Management skills to business situations.
- Assess the ethical implications of actions for diverse stakeholders.