Bachelors MBA Degrees | Health Care Management Social Media Management - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study: Health Sciences
Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management with dual degree option for MBA (Social Media Management)
Bachelor's in Health Care Management/ MBA (Social Media Management) Dual Degree
Like companies in other sectors of the economy, health care organizations are stampeding toward social media. Demand is high for social media professionals who understand the specialized issues of the health care industry.
You can acquire that expertise through Excelsior College's online Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management with dual degree option for MBA (Social Media Management).
Specifically designed for working adults, this online BS / MBA degree program offers a unique opportunity to build your career and your earning potential. Since 1971, Excelsior has been helping nontraditional students balance education with jobs, families, and other real-life activities.
An online BS / MBA from Excelsior is:
- Affordable: Low tuition and flexible payment plans help you fit the degree into almost any budget.
- Flexible: Our online health care management and social media classes are available 24/7, so you can take them where and when it's convenient for you.
- Attainable: You'll receive maximum transfer credit for approved courses on your previous transcripts, leaving you with a lighter Excelsior course load and a shorter path to graduation.
- Supportive: Our award-winning academic advisors provide superior, personalized support whenever you need it.
- Geared toward professionals: You can get academic credit for many health care licenses and certifications, integrating your professional experience and knowledge into your degree program.
Bring Health Care Management into the Social Media Age
A national academic leader among online colleges, Excelsior meets the same quality standards you'd find in a more traditional health care management degree program.
Our courses were developed with industry input and are reviewed regularly to ensure they reflect the most current practices and trends. You'll study with first-rate faculty who are experienced both as teachers and as industry professionals, developing career-building skills in such subjects as:
- Medical terminology and technology
- Health care marketing
- Online community management
- Audience analytics
- Social media marketing strategies
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS / MBA Health Care Management Credit Requirements
BS / MBA Health Care Management Credit Requirements
147-credits. Undergraduate: 60 in arts and sciences, 36 professional components, 15 additional credits (medical terminology, information literacy, other college-level). Bridge: 9 credits. Graduate: 27 credits.
Upon successful completion of the BS Health Care Management program, the graduate will be able to:
- Use theories of leadership and organizational behavior to define and implement management practices in health care settings.
- Apply principles of budgeting and finance to effectively plan and manage resources within a health care organization.
- Use knowledge of health and illness, health care systems, and health care consumers to guide decision making and promote quality within health care environments.
- Implement the manager role using a legal and ethical framework.
- Incorporate multiple strategies of communication to establish collaborative relationships with members of the leadership team and other stakeholders.
- Use evidence based practice to guide human resource, clinical, and administrative decisions.
- Manage a diverse workforce in providing health care for an increasingly heterogeneous population.
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning in pursuit of excellence in managing and leading within the health care environment.
Upon successful completion of the Excelsior College MBA program, the graduate will be able to:
- Analyze real-world business problems and generate recommendations for action.
- Integrate accounting, marketing, finance, management, and economics into a strategic business analysis.
- Assess the impact of the global business environment on business situations.
- Apply quantitative methods to analysis of business situations.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Communicate effectively to relevant audiences in written materials.
- Collaborate in teams to produce required deliverables.
- Apply Project Management skills to business situations.
- Assess the ethical implications of actions for diverse stakeholders.
Catalog: Health Sciences
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.