Online Health Sciences Degree from an Accredited Leader in Distance Learning
Demand has never been higher for health care professionals who specialize in gerontology. Earn an online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (Gerontology emphasis) from Excelsior College, and you can acquire the skills and expertise you need to become a leader in this growing industry sector.
One of the nation's most popular colleges among working health care professionals, Excelsior caters to employed adults who need to balance education with work and family commitments. Excelsior offers flexible online gerontology classes that fit conveniently into busy schedules and tight budgets.
In addition, our student-friendly online bachelor's in health science allows you to:
- Earn academic credit for professional licenses and certificates. Very few institutions offer this benefit, which can reduce your course load.
- Get maximum transfer credit for approved courses from accredited colleges. You'll need fewer Excelsior courses to graduate, saving you time and money.
- Save money via our affordable tuition and flexible payment options. And here's an added benefit: There's no enrollment fee.
- Interact directly with experienced gerontology faculty and other students via Excelsior's online communities.
- Get academic support from our award-winning advising team.
Earn a Career-building Health Sciences Degree in Less Time, for Less Money
An educational innovator since 1971, Excelsior has a reputation as an academic leader among online colleges. We develop our online gerontology classes with direct input from industry experts, so you'll gain practical knowledge you can use on the job from day one.
You'll work closely with top-notch professors who have years of professional gerontology experience. Our program cultivates skills in subjects such as:
- Psychology of aging
- Physiology of aging
- Social policy and the elderly
- Service provision for older patients
With longer life spans, new technologies, and the aging of the baby-boom generation, gerontology professionals will play an increasingly valuable role in health care for the foreseeable future.
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Learn more about the MSCHE accreditation programs and specialized accreditations on our accreditation page.