Masters Degree in Health Sciences Health Professions Education | Online - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study: Health Sciences
Masters of Science in Health Sciences (Health Professions Education)
Master's in Health Sciences (Health Professions Education)
Careers in allied health professions are one of the fastest growing areas in the job market. With this growth comes the need for more educators in these professions. Excelsior College designed its Master of Science in Health Sciences (Health Professions Education) to meet this growing need.
Demand for a focus in education is higher than ever and now it's easier than ever to specialize in health professions education at the graduate level, thanks to Excelsior.
Designed for practicing health professionals who desire to move into a faculty role within their profession, our dynamic online program provides skills in:
- Curriculum development
- Assessment and evaluation
- Technology applications
- Classroom and clinical instruction
- Principles of teaching and learning
Excelsior designed this online master's degree for adult students who have busy lives and a lot of real-world experience. You'll enjoy:
- Generous credit-transfer policies that allow for up to 50% of your previous graduate course work to be applied.
- Flexible 8-week online courses that allow you to work while you earn your degree.
- Personalized academic support from advisors who know you by name.
- Outstanding faculty who are leaders in their field.
- Affordable tuition and fees competitive with public institutions, along with flexible-payment options, financial aid, and other forms of support.
Students pursuing the health professions education specialization will need to supply, upon admission, documentation of eligibility to practice their given health profession in their current state of residence.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
MS in Health Sciences Education Credit Requirements
MS in Health Sciences Credit Requirements
The Master of Science in Health Sciences program is a 36 credit degree consisting of an 18 credit core, a 15 credit specialization, and a three credit capstone course. The courses comprising the health professions education specialization are:
- HSC 600: Principles of Teaching and Learning
- HSC 610: Assessment & Evaluation in Health Professions Education
- HSC 620: Technology & Applications in Health Professions Education
- HSC 630: Classroom & Clinical Instruction
- HSC 640: Curriculum Development
Students who complete a Health Professions Education specialization will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in using multiple strategies of communication to convey complex thoughts and ideas.
- Use research findings to explain and direct the resolution of practice related issues and challenges.
- Apply leadership skills in managing people and programs.
- Analyze issues and challenges, including new and emerging trends
- Use knowledge of health care policy and delivery systems to guide professional practice.
- Implement specialized knowledge and skills in an advanced practice role.
Catalog: Health Sciences
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.