Bachelors Degrees | Health Sciences – Public Health | Online Degree - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study: Health Sciences
Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (Public Health emphasis)
Bachelor's in Health Sciences (Public Health)
Public health expertise is in constant demand. But working adults often lack the time and resources to complete a bachelor's degree that's focused on public health.
That's why Excelsior College recently added the online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (Public Health emphasis). A national leader in health care education since the 1970s, Excelsior offers a high degree of flexibility and convenience, allowing working adults to balance school with work and family commitments.
Our online public health classes are scheduled on a rotating eight-week basis and available 24/7. You'll compete the work where and when it fits into your life. In addition, our student-friendly bachelor's degree in health sciences allows you to:
- Earn academic credit for health care licenses and professional certificates, leaving you with fewer Excelsior courses to complete your health sciences degree. Find out if your license qualifies—and how many credits you can get for it.
- Receive outstanding academic support from our award-winning team of advisors.
- Save money on your bachelor's in health science via Excelsior's affordable tuition.
Build Your Public Health Career with a Health Science Bachelor's Degree
In developing its public health classes, Excelsior worked closely with public health experts to ensure that all academic materials are relevant and up to date. You'll work with top-notch faculty who teach in public health degree programs around the country, gaining practical skills that translate directly to the workplace.
By choosing the public health emphasis, you gain preparation for a broad range of potential career paths. Graduates will be able to compete effectively for jobs at:
- Community clinics
- State, county, and local health agencies
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS Health Sciences Credit Requirements
BS in Health Sciences Credit Requirements
Minimum of 120 credits: 60 in arts and sciences, 60 in health sciences courses, including 9 credits in the area of emphasis.
By completion of the program, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership skills within organizations and evolving health care systems.
- Identify and evaluate evidence to guide decision making.
- Use a systematic approach and higher order thinking in responding to health care issues and societal needs.
- Integrate knowledge of culture and an appreciation for diversity in planning and evaluating health care.
- Implement evolving technologies in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of health care.
- Incorporate multiple strategies of communication to establish collaborative relationships with clients, members of the multidisciplinary team, and other stakeholders.
- Analyze legal, ethical, and policy issues within health care delivery systems.
- Implement specialized knowledge and skills in the management and delivery of health care services.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning in pursuit of excellence in the practice of a health care profession.