Online Associate Degree from an Accredited Leader in Distance Learning
Build your resume with an online Associate in Science in Liberal Arts (Human Services) from Excelsior College. This online associate degree can help you break into growing industries such as health services, elder care, and family services.
Designed for working adults who need to balance college with work and family commitments, Excelsior's online format enables you to complete your degree, build your skills, and advance your career.
See the course requirements for the Associate in Liberal Arts (Human Services) degree.
- Core requirements for all students:
- An introductory level survey course in interdisciplinary Social Science such as:
- A survey course in Human Services such as:
- Ethics in Human Services such as:
- Human Services Electives such as:
A national innovator in distance education, Excelsior has been helping working adults get college degrees since 1971. You'll be able to earn an associate's degree quickly, affordably, and conveniently by:
- Taking online classes from your own computer, at the time and place that works best with your schedule.
- Getting maximum transfer credit for your college work at other accredited institutions.
- Receiving academic credit for certain forms of military education, professional training, and work experience.
- Paying low tuition and student fees that keep the cost of an online associate's degree within almost any budget. (Visit our tuition page to find out how much you can save.)
If you want to build on your associate's degree and work toward a bachelor's degree, Excelsior makes it easy. All the credits from your associate degree will count toward a bachelor's degree from Excelsior.
An Associate Degree That Can Help You in the Job Market
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. (Learn more about the MSCHE accreditation and programs specialized accreditations on our accreditation page.)
In our associate's degree program, you'll work with outstanding faculty while interacting with classmates via Excelsior's advanced online portal. You'll also get personalized support from our nationally recognized team of academic advisors.
The human services concentration provides you with an excellent foundation for a wide variety of jobs in human services. Possibilities include mental health aide, case management aide, and life skills counselor.