Online Bachelor's Degree in Humanities from an Accredited Leader in Distance Learning
In the Bachelor of Arts in Humanities (Literature concentration), you'll study great writing while improving your own abilities as a writer and creative thinker.
A humanities degree helps you develop skills that stand out on the job market, including problem solving, critical reasoning, and verbal and written expression. Excelsior College eases your path to a humanities degree by offering one of the only all-online humanities programs in the country.
See the course requirements for the Bachelor's in Humanities degree (Literature concentration).
Excelsior College has been helping working adults earn college degrees since 1971. Our innovative programs can help you fit a humanities degree program within your schedule and your budget.
- Excelsior's online courses are offered on a rotating eight-week basis, so you can schedule humanities and literature courses at the time and place that works best for you.
- We'll squeeze as many transfer credits as we can from your existing college transcripts, leaving you with a shorter path to graduation.
- We'll also grant academic credit for eligible forms of military and professional education.
- Our budget-friendly tuition and fees make Excelsior's humanities degree extremely affordable. (Visit our tuition page to get the details.)
- Excelsior supports your academic success with an outstanding team of advisors.
An Online Humanities Degree that Gets Results in the Job Market
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. (Learn more about the MSCHE accreditation and programs specialized accreditation on our accreditation page.)
Courses in our online humanities degree program are taught by accomplished, highly qualified instructors who teach at college and universities from around the nation. Excelsior's online format includes an advanced interactive portal that lets you collaborate with classmates and instructors.
The versatile humanities degree carries value among employers in every sector. It can help you advance your career in a wide range of fields, including business, law, government, journalism, education, and nonprofit work.