Liberal Arts BA Degree
The Shortest Route to an Online Bachelor's Degree, from an Accredited Leader in Adult Education
Few adults can afford the luxury of being a full-time student. But a bachelor's degree isn't a luxury in today's job market. It's a necessity.
Here's a practical, convenient way to meet the need: Earn a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts from Excelsior College.
A national leader in distance education since 1971, Excelsior designed a liberal arts program for busy adults who seek a short, simple path to a bachelor's degree. You may already be within a few courses of graduation.
Because it offers such a direct route to a bachelor's degree, the liberal arts program is popular among working adults. You'll be able to:
- Do all your coursework online, at the time and place that's most convenient for you.
- Maximize the value of previously earned college credits, so you can complete your bachelor's degree as quickly as possible.
- Get academic credit for many types of military service, professional training, and other real-world experience.
- Earn a bachelor's degree with no interruption to job or family commitments.
- Get a high-quality liberal arts degree from an accredited college with a stellar reputation and successful track record.
- Receive academic support from Excelsior's award-winning team of advisors.
Excelsior's reasonable tuition and flexible payment options make a liberal arts bachelor's degree affordable on almost any budget.
High Quality, Extra Convenience in an Online Liberal Arts Degree
Excelsior College helped pioneer the adult-oriented distance learning model, and we remain leaders in the field. A private, nonprofit college, we hold accreditation from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
In the liberal arts program, you'll survey the full breadth of the liberal arts rather than concentrating on a single discipline. The degree cultivates a broad base of skills that employers value, with emphasis on:
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Effective writing
- Oral communication
- Ethical decision making
Get the bachelor's degree you need on terms you can afford. Find out why so many working adults choose the Excelsior College School of Liberal Arts to meet their educational needs.
Bachelor of Arts option: Minimum of 120 semester hours. Within that total, at least 90 semester hours must be earned in the arts and sciences with at least 30 of those 90 semester hours earned at the upper or advanced level. The remaining 30 semester hours may be earned in applied professional courses, additional arts and sciences courses, or a combination of both. See the credit requirements in chart form.
Bachelor of Science option: Minimum of 120 semester hours. Within that total, at least 60 semester hours must be earned in the arts and sciences with at least 21 of those 60 semester hours earned at the upper or advanced level. The remaining 60 semester hours, of which at least 9 must be earned at the upper or advanced level, may be earned in applied professional courses, additional arts and science courses, or a combination of both. See the credit requirements in chart form.