The student who completes the program would be able to:
- Demonstrate the integration and application of knowledge in two or more liberal arts and science disciplines.
- Evaluate written or spoken hypotheses utilizing data and drawing on prior knowledge.
- Create connections between issues and their historical and/or social context.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cultural differences and knowledge of contributions from various cultures.
- Demonstrate critical and analytical thought in the examination of a range of issues by designing and implementing a substantive research investigation.
This program accepts up to 15 of your previous earned graduate level credits. Certain conditions apply. Please consult the graduate admissions office for further details. See the credit requirements in chart form (PDF).
|TIER 1 FOUNDATIONAL COURSEWORK||Credit Hours|
|Students must complete 3 of the following foundational courses:|
|MLS 500 Graduate Research and Writing||9|
|MLS 623 The Search for Meaning and Identity|
|MLS 673 Mindsets: Cross-Cultural Understanding|
|Students must complete 1 of the following to complete the foundational coursework:|
|MLS 624 Classical Legacies||3|
|MLS 632 Capitalism and Its Impact|
|MLS 634 Revolutions in Science and Society|
|TOTAL TIER 1 REQUIREMENTS||12|
|TIER 2 FOCUSED COURSEWORK||Credit Hours|
|Degree Completion Plan: Students must complete 12 credits in two or more liberal studies disciplines.|
|MLS 661 Cultural Perspectives — Interpretive Strategies||12|
|MLS 662 Ethics in a Changing World|
|MLS 664 Geopolitical Brinksmanship|
|MLS 665 Insecurity in the World|
|MLS 667 Cultural Diversity in the Workplace|
|MLS 668 Religion in Society & World Politics|
|MLS 669 Economic Development in Lesser Developed Nations and Communities|
|MLS 681 Leadership in Organizations and Education|
|MLS 682 Social Issues in Organizations and Education|
|MLS 683 The Art of Leadership: Literature and Film|
|MLS 684 Ethics, Media, the Arts and Society|
|MLS 685 Strategic Problem-Solving|
|MLS 693 Social Justice and Societal Oppression|
|MLS 694 Theories of Conflict and Conflict Resolution|
| MLS 701 and |
MLS 706 Independent Learning Contract
|TOTAL TIER 2 REQUIREMENTS||12|
|TIER 3 CAPSTONE PROJECT||Credit Hours|
|Students must complete 9 credits.|
|MLS 697 Methodology*||9|
|MLS 900 The Master's Thesis|
|TOTAL TIER 3 REQUIREMENTS||9|
*requirement can also be completed by MLS*703 Graduate Historiography or MLS*703 Literary Theory