Contemporary World History and Politics - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Liberal Arts
MALS: Contemporary World History Intro
Master's in Liberal Studies (Contemporary World History and Politics)
World history is the fastest growing historical subfield, having experienced a 500 percent growth between 1900 and 2015, according to the American Historical Association. The Contemporary World History and Politics concentration is an attractive option for students looking to expand their career in fields such as national security, world affairs, international business, finance, marketing, education, service, journalism, and tourism.
Military students looking to transfer to the civilian security sector, government employees, social studies teachers, aspiring college professors, lawyers, and professionals working in international business will be particularly interested in this concentration.
Build Your Career with a Master in Liberal Studies Degree
Excelsior enables you to earn your liberal arts degree while you fulfill your job responsibilities, family obligations, and other commitments. You'll do it by:
- Transferring more prior college credits earned at other schools.
- Receiving credit for completed military training and workforce education.
- Taking online classes on a schedule that's convenient for you.
- Learning from knowledgeable, experience faculty.
- Enjoying affordable tuition and fees.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
MA Liberal Studies (Contemporary World History) Credit Requirements
Contemporary World History and Politics Credit Requirements
The MALS program requires 33 credits and is divided into three tiers.
The student who completes the program would be able to:
- Demonstrate the integration and application of knowledge in two or more liberal arts and science disciplines.
- Evaluate arguments for logical coherence and supporting evidence.
- Create connections between issues and their historical and/or social context.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cultural differences and knowledge of contributions from various cultures.
- Demonstrate critical and analytical thought in the examination of a range of issues by designing and implementing a substantive research investigation.
- Evaluate the historical and political forces that have shaped the present-day world.
Catalog: Liberal Arts
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.