Online Bachelor's Degree in Natural Sciences from an Accredited Leader in Distance Learning
With a Bachelor of Science in Natural Sciences (Biology concentration), you can build your career in growth industries such as health care, energy, and environmental science.
At Excelsior College you can earn a natural sciences degree completely online. Our program is designed specifically for working adults who need to balance their education with work and family obligations. Excelsior's online degree fits more comfortably within a busy schedule and limited budget than a biology degree from an on-campus college.
See the course requirements for the BS in Natural Sciences (Biology concentration).
- Core Requirements
- Biology Concentration
- A course in Evolutionary Biology (or equivalent) such as:
- BIO 320 Evolutionary Biology
- A course in Biodiversity or Ecology (or equivalent) such as:
- BIO 340 Biodiversity
- BIO 404 Ecology
- Select one course from at least three different areas. At least one course must be an upper level laboratory course or include an upper level laboratory as part of the course.
- Anatomy and Physiology, Comparative Anatomy, Human Anatomy or Vertebrate Physiology such as:
- HSC 105 Anatomy and Physiology (Non Lab)
- BIO 210X Anatomy and Physiology exam
- Botany or Plant Science such as:
- Genetics such as:
- HSC 364 Human Genetics
- BIOX 250 Genetics exam
- Cell Biology or Microbiology such as:
- BIO 212 Microbiology
- BIO 220X Microbiology exam
- Electives in Biology such as:
- BIO 275 Bioethics
- BIO 300 Advanced Investigations in Biology
- BIO 360 Developmental Biology
- HSC 280 Biology of Health and Disease
- BIOX 410 Pathophysiology
A national leader in distance learning since 1971, Excelsior College offers:
- Online classes that you take from your own computer, where and when your schedule permits.
- A short and speedy path to a natural sciences degree, with generous transfer policies that maximize the value of your previously earned college credits.
- Academic credit for eligible forms of military training, job experience, and other real-world accomplishments.
- Affordable tuition and low student fees, with flexible payment options that won't bust your budget. (Get the hard numbers here.)
A High-quality Natural Sciences Degree from an Accredited College
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. (Learn more about the MSCHE accreditation and programs specialized accreditations on our accreditation page.)
You'll work with first-rate faculty who teach in biology programs at institutions across the country. Throughout your enrollment, you'll get personalized support from Excelsior's award-winning academic advising team.
You'll graduate with an online natural sciences degree that pays off in the workplace and the job market.