Online Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited Leader in Distance Learning
The Bachelor of Science in Natural Sciences degree is a career-building program designed specifically for working adults.
Our online natural sciences program enables you to integrate credits from multiple scientific disciplines into a coherent degree—one that helps you succeed in the workplace and compete in the job market.
See the course requirements for the Bachelor's in Natural Sciences degree.
- Core Requirements
- Electives: At least one course in part A or B must be an upper level laboratory course or include an upper level lab as part of the course.
- Select three (3) or more courses from one natural/physical science discipline
- Select two (2) or more courses from a second natural/physical science discipline
- Electives in Natural/Physical Sciences
Students may choose courses for IIA, IIB, and IIC such as:
- BIO 212 Microbiology
- BIO 275 Bioethics
- BIO 300 Advanced Investigations in Biology (UL lab course)
- BIO 320 Evolutionary Biology
- BIO 340 Biodiversity
- BIO 360 Developmental Biology
- BIO 404 Ecology
- BIO 412 Plant Anatomy
- CHE 101 General Chemistry I
- CHE 101L General Chemistry Laboratory I
- GEOL 108 Earth Science and Society
- GEOL 114 Introduction to Oceanography
- PHYS 201 Physics I
- PHYS 202 Physics Laboratory I
- PHYS 203 Physics II
- PHYS 204 Physics Laboratory II
- BIOX 210 Anatomy and Physiology exam
- BIOX 220 Microbiology exam
- BIOX250 Basic Genetics exam
- BIOX 410 Pathophysiology exam
- PHYX 140 Physics exam
A national leader in adult education, Excelsior designed its natural sciences degree for working adults who need to balance education with work and family obligations. You'll take all your classes online, working from your own computer, with maximum flexibility and convenience. In addition:
- Excelsior's generous transfer policies speed you toward graduation by letting you get maximum value out of previously earned college credits.
- You can get academic credit for many forms of military training and job experience.
- Our budget-friendly tuition and student fees make Excelsior's natural sciences degree extremely affordable. (Visit our tuition page to get more information.)
- You'll get outstanding academic support from Excelsior's nationally recognized advising team.
A Natural Sciences Degree that Pays Career Dividends
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. (Learn more about the MSCHE accreditation and programs specialized accreditations on our accreditation page.)
Our natural sciences degree program meets the same high academic standards that apply to on-campus colleges. You'll study with experienced faculty drawn from natural science programs throughout the country. And Excelsior's advanced online portal enables you to interact closely with instructors and collaborate with other students.
You'll graduate with a respected natural sciences degree and a well-rounded set of marketable skills.