Bachelors Degrees | Social Science Degree – Environmental Studies - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Liberal Arts
Bachelor of Science in Social Sciences (Environmental Studies concentration)
Bachelor's in Social Sciences (Environmental Studies)
Gain marketable skills for emerging "green" industries with an online Bachelor of Science in Social Sciences (Environmental Studies concentration) from Excelsior College.
This online social science degree is ideal for working adults who have tight schedules and finite budgets. With flexible online classes you can complete anytime and anywhere, Excelsior's social science degree program enables you to build marketable skills that will help you compete successfully for good environmental jobs.
A recognized leader in adult education, Excelsior has offered innovative college solutions since 1971. We offer a suite of policies specifically designed to help adult students complete their degree, including:
- Online social science classes that are offered on a rotating eight-week schedule. Choose the start date that's convenient for you, and fit courses easily into your work and family routines.
- Liberal credit-transfer policies that maximize the value of college credits you've already earned—and shorten your path to graduation.
- Academic credit for certain forms of military education, professional training, and work experience.
- Budget-friendly tuition that helps you manage the cost of a social science degree.
- Superior academic support from our nationally recognized team of advisors.
Build an Environmental Career with an Online Social Sciences Degree
Our environmental studies classes are taught by top-notch instructors who have years of practical experience. And Excelsior's interactive online portal enables you to collaborate closely with classmates and faculty.
The environmental studies concentration provides you with specialized skills that are sought by employers such as public and nonprofit conservation agencies, resource managers, ecotourism firms, schools, and environmental services companies.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Bachelor's of Social Science info block
BS in Social Sciences Credit Requirements
Minimum of 120 credits: 60 credits (21 in upper level) in arts and sciences and 60 credits (9 in upper level) in applied professional courses, additional arts and sciences courses or a combination of both. Concentration: minimum of 33 credits, with at least 18 at the upper level including a 3 credit capstone course and a minimum 2.0 GPA required.