Online Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited Leader in Distance Learning
Gain marketable skills for emerging "green" industries with an online Bachelor of Science in Social Sciences (Environmental Studies concentration) from Excelsior College.
This online social science degree is ideal for working adults who have tight schedules and finite budgets. With flexible online classes you can complete anytime and anywhere, Excelsior's social science degree program enables you to build marketable skills that will help you compete successfully for good environmental jobs.
See the course requirements for the Bachelor's in Social Science degree (Environmental Studies concentration).
- Survey course in Environmental Studies/Sciences such as:
- Environmental Policy and Management such as:
- Choose at least one environmental course from the Natural Sciences:
- Biology such as:
- Geology such as:
- Environmental Chemistry such as:
- Choose at least two environmental courses from the Social Sciences/Humanities:
- Ethics in Environmental Issues such as:
- Environmental Sociology such as:
- Geographic Information Systems
- Human Ecology
- Population Studies such as:
- SOCX 330 World Population exam
- Environmental Studies electives such as:
A recognized leader in adult education, Excelsior has offered innovative college solutions since 1971. We offer a suite of policies specifically designed to help adult students complete their degree, including:
- Online social science classes that are offered on a rotating eight-week schedule. Choose the start date that's convenient for you, and fit courses easily into your work and family routines.
- Liberal credit-transfer policies that maximize the value of college credits you've already earned—and shorten your path to graduation.
- Academic credit for certain forms of military education, professional training, and work experience.
- Budget-friendly tuition that helps you manage the cost of a social science degree. (Visit our tuition page to find out how much you can save.)
- Superior academic support from our nationally recognized team of advisors.
Build an Environmental Career with an Online Social Sciences Degree
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. (Learn more about the MSCHE accreditation and programs specialized accreditations on our accreditation page.)
Our environmental studies classes are taught by top-notch instructors who have years of practical experience. And Excelsior's interactive online portal enables you to collaborate closely with classmates and faculty.
The environmental studies concentration provides you with specialized skills that are sought by employers such as public and nonprofit conservation agencies, resource managers, ecotourism firms, schools, and environmental services companies.