- Promote holistic patient-centered care and population health supporting values, culture, right to self-fulfillment, and quality care outcomes.
- Integrate evidence, nursing theory, and knowledge from other disciplines to guide nursing practice.
- Formulate decisions based on nursing judgment and collaboration with the interprofessional team to achieve quality patient outcomes.
- Incorporate professional core values, guidelines, standards of practice, and lifelong learning as a basis for professional nursing practice,
- Apply principles of leadership to advocate for the unique role of the nursing profession within the health care system.
- Engage in the spirit of inquiry to purpose solutions that support nursing excellence.
All Excelsior College nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc. (NLNAC), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, 404-975-5000. The ACEN is a specialized accrediting agency for nursing recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Minimum of 121 credits: 61 in arts and sciences, 60 in nursing component.
This project is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number UF1HP26978 Mission Transition: Advancing Veterans Along a Career Path in Nursing for $1,019,181. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.