- Applies analytic reasoning and problem solving skills, using principles, concepts, and theories from the natural and social sciences to choose among alternative solutions to make clinical decisions.
- Uses multiple strategies of communication to express self, convey caring, and establish collaborative partnerships with clients* and health care providers.
- Participates in problem identification, assists in data collection, and uses interpreted research findings to plan and implement care.
- In the role of provider of care:
Uses knowledge and skills to apply the nursing process to care for clients* in a variety of settings to restore and maintain health or provide end-of-life care.
Uses a holistic approach to prioritize and evaluate care delivered to clients* across the continuum of the complex health care environment using established nursing standards and protocols.
In the role of manager of care:
Identifies scope of practice for members of the health care team. Appropriately delegates and manages individuals to deliver care in a variety of settings.
member of profession:
Practices within the ethical, legal, and regulatory frameworks of nursing and standards of professional nursing practice.
Articulates the contributions of professional nursing to health care.
Advocates for the rights of clients and members of the profession of nursing.
- Demonstrates a pattern of human-centered behaviors by maintaining an environment that signifies caring, sensitivity, and cultural competence with others.
* client: individual within the context of the family.
All Excelsior College nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc. (NLNAC), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, 404-975-5000. The ACEN is a specialized accrediting agency for nursing recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. The Excelsior College associate degree nursing programs are designed in accordance with the requirements for Registered Nurse Programs in New York State.
Associate in Science in Nursing
Minimum of 67 credits: 3 in written English requirement, 1 in information literacy requirement, 6 in humanities, 6 in social sciences, 9 in natural sciences, 6 in arts and sciences, 36 nursing credits.
Associate in Applied Science in Nursing
Minimum of 67 credits: 3 in written English requirement, 1 in information literacy requirement, 6 in humanities, 6 in social sciences, 9 in natural sciences, 6 in free electives or arts and sciences, 36 nursing credits.
Notice to All Students Taking Excelsior College® Examinations
Excelsior College provides its students with the resources and support necessary to successfully complete its associate degree in nursing program. In response to numerous questions from students, please know that in no way is Excelsior College affiliated with any test preparation company. We do not promote, endorse, review or approve the products these companies offer. For more information, visit our About Test Preparation Services page, or contact an Excelsior College advisor at 888-647-2388.
We invite you to send comments on our survey report to email@example.com
(Get Adobe Acrobat Reader)