- Use a caring, holistic approach to provide and advocate for safe quality care for patients and families emphasizing health promotion, disease management, and injury prevention.
- Apply the nursing process to make nursing judgements, substantiated with evidence to provide safe, quality patient care across the life span.
- Use principles of management and delegation to implement plans of care with members of the intraprofessional team to achieve safe, quality patient outcomes.
- Practice nursing using standards of practice within an ethical and legal framework.
- Apply principles of leadership and interprofessional collaboration to improve patient outcomes.
- Use interpreted published research and information technology to improve the quality of care for patients.
All Excelsior College nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc. (NLNAC), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, 404-975-5000. The ACEN is a specialized accrediting agency for nursing recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. The Excelsior College associate degree nursing programs are designed in accordance with the requirements for Registered Nurse Programs in New York State.
Associate in Science in Nursing
Minimum of 67 credits: 3 in written English requirement, 1 in information literacy requirement, 6 in humanities, 6 in social sciences, 9 in natural sciences, 6 in arts and sciences, 36 nursing credits.
Associate in Applied Science in Nursing
Minimum of 67 credits: 3 in written English requirement, 1 in information literacy requirement, 6 in humanities, 6 in social sciences, 9 in natural sciences, 6 in free electives or arts and sciences, 36 nursing credits.
We invite you to send comments on our survey report to email@example.com
ProEvaluators Final Report (ProEvaluators)
(Get Adobe Acrobat Reader)
Click arrows to see more videos.