Online Associate Degree from an Accredited Leader in Distance Learning
All evidence suggests a growing need for a college degree in order to obtain a position or advance your career in criminal justice and protective services. Organizations increasingly require higher education when considering candidates. Position yourself to work in this field with Excelsior's online Associate in Science in Criminal Justice program. The AS in Criminal Justice is also the perfect springboard for earning a Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Criminal Justice at Excelsior and further enhance your credentials.
Maximize the Value of Prior Credits, Work Experience, and Military Training
You can transfer up to 57 prior credits to the AS in Criminal Justice, and may even be awarded credit for approved prior work experience, law enforcement training, or military training. If your transfer credit reaches the maximum, you may be able to complete your AS in Criminal Justice simply by taking our 3-credit capstone course. You may have background and experience that we identify as credit, enabling you to earn your degree with the greatest efficiency and to do your career justice.
General Education (30 Credits)
- Written English Requirement (3)
- Humanities (6)
- Social Sciences / History (6)
- Natural Sciences / Math (6)
- Arts & Sciences Electives (9)
Core (18 Credits)
Elective Credit (12 Credits)
INL102 Information Literacy (1-3 credits, may be included in Electives)
A Realistic Way to Earn Your Associate Degree in Criminal Justice
Excelsior's flexible associate degree in criminal justice is specifically designed to meet the needs of working adults like you. We'll provide you with a highly practical and affordable way to complete your degree online.
- Take 8-week online courses in criminal justice without sacrificing work or family responsibilities.
- Transfer up to 57 prior credits so you can spend less and finish your degree as quickly as possible.
- Get academic credit for certain types of criminal justice training, military training, job training, and work experience.
- Enjoy affordable tuition and interest-free payment plans that help you stay on budget. (Visit our Costs and Financing page more information.)
Whether you're just starting out or looking to advance, the Associate in Science in Criminal Justice at Excelsior will provide you with the education you need to enter, or move forward in your career. By successfully completing this degree, you will gain a better understanding of your job options and attain the following criminal justice program outcomes:
- Describe the components of the criminal justice system
- Outline the major sociological and psychological theories of crime
- Explain the application of ethics in criminal justice decision-making
- Discuss diversity-related issues impacting the criminal justice system
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Learn more about the MSCHE accreditation programs and specialized accreditations on our accreditation page.