Administration of Criminal Justice
Online Criminal Justice Degree from an Accredited Leader in Distance Learning
There's always demand for talented personnel in criminal justice. And there's not a more practical, more convenient route to the degree you need than Excelsior College's online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice (Administration of Criminal Justice concentration).
Excelsior's criminal justice degree is specifically designed for working adults who have professional experience in law enforcement and/or a military background. Our online criminal justice classes offer the flexibility, cost-effectiveness, and outstanding academics that working professionals need.
- Core Requirements
- An introductory-level criminal justice survey course covering law enforcement, the courts, and corrections.
- An introductory-level survey course in criminal justice administration or public policy administration.
- A theoretical course on theories of crime, causation, victimology, and criminology
- A course in research methods in the social sciences
- Intermediate and upper-level courses: at least 4 courses/exams from 4 of the following 6 areas.
Below are a sample of the courses which may be chosen:
- Legal and ethical issues areas such as constitutional law, juvenile law, civil rights, liberties, ethics in CJ, alternative dispute resolution, family law, immigration law, correctional law, evidentiary law
- Functional administration areas such as corrections, police, judicial, courts, and/or juvenile corrections
- Administrative process issues
- Public policy areas
- Community relations issues
- Spanish For Law Enforcement
- Organization and administration issues
- Electives: additional courses in criminal justice or related subjects
Excelsior's criminal justice degree program enables you to:
- Advance your criminal justice career without placing the rest of your life on hold.
- Earn your degree in less time, with less hassle, than it would take to get a criminal justice degree at a traditional college.
- Take all your criminal justice classes online, where and when you can fit them into your schedule.
- Maximize the value of transfer credits earned at other accredited institutions.
- Receive academic credit for qualifying forms of academy training, military service, and professional experience.
- Save money, thanks to Excelsior's budget-conscious tuition and fees. (Get the hard numbers at our Costs and Financing page.)
- Use the criminal justice major as a springboard toward a law degree.
Learn more about the special benefits for working adults in Excelsior's criminal justice major. (PDF)
A Practical Degree for Careers in Criminal Justice Administration
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. (Learn more about the MSCHE accreditation programs and specialized accreditations on our accreditation page.)
Because we're accredited, Excelsior is held to the same tough academic standards that govern traditional criminal justice degree programs. You'll take online criminal justice classes from top-flight professors who teach in traditional criminal justice degree programs at leading U.S. universities and colleges.
Excelsior offers online criminal justice classes on a rotating eight-week schedule, giving you many options on the calendar. By choosing the concentration in criminal justice administration, you'll develop expertise in subjects such as:
- Procedures and evidence
- Judicial process
- Ethical decision-making in criminal justice
- Cultural diversity
- Public and legislative policy
- Human resources
- Organizational behavior
- Security planning and threat assessment
The criminal justice major concludes with a capstone course that you help to design, covering a subject of particular interest to you.