Online Criminal Justice Degree from an Accredited Leader in Distance Learning
In the competition for top-level law enforcement, investigation, and correctional positions, a bachelor's degree can give you a big advantage.
Get a competitive edge quickly and conveniently with Excelsior College's online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice (Investigative Forensics concentration).
Whether you're just starting out in your career or are a working professional who's striving for promotion to upper-level jobs, Excelsior's online criminal justice degree offers more flexibility and convenience than a traditional criminal justice degree program.
In addition to our core online criminal justice courses, you'll concentrate on key investigative forensic topics in our upper level forensic pathology, forensic psychology, and computer forensic courses, to name just a few. Interested? Check out all the the course requirements below.
Excelsior's program is specifically designed for working adults, providing a practical path to degree completion. At Excelsior, you will:
- Take online criminal justice courses on your own schedule, without interfering with work and family commitments.
- Earn your degree more quickly, thanks to liberal credit-transfer policies that enable you to graduate in the shortest possible time.
- Be eligible for academic credit for certain types of military experience, academy training, and professional accomplishments.
- Pay affordable tuition and low student fees, with flexible payment plans to keep your expenses in check. (Visit our Costs and Financing page to get all the details.)
Learn more about the special benefits for working adults in Excelsior's criminal justice degree. (PDF)
A Career-Building Degree for Investigative Forensics Professionals
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. (Learn more about the MSCHE accreditation programs and specialized accreditations on our accreditation page.)
A national leader in distance learning and adult education since 1971, Excelsior upholds the same academic standards as criminal justice degree programs at traditional colleges. Our online criminal justice courses are led by first-rate professors who are affiliated with leading criminal justice degree programs across the United States.
The Investigative Forensics concentration provides you with a thorough background in subjects such as:
- Forensic pathology
- Forensic psychology
- Computer or digital forensics
- Procedures and practice
- Legal and ethical issues
Elective areas of study include:
- Domestic violence and family issues
- Drug crimes
- Cultural diversity and racial profiling
Excelsior graduates compete very successfully in the law enforcement job market, gaining employment with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies, private security firms, and other employers.