Minimum of 120 credits: 60 in arts and sciences, 51 in the cyber operations component with a minimum of 15 at the upper-level, and 9 in free electives including information literacy. See the degree requirements in chart form.
Graduates will be able to:
- Emphasize technologies and techniques related to specialized cyber operations e.g., collection, exploitation, and response) involved in national security.
- Utilize technologies and processes that continuously monitor, maintain, and protect the national security posture of the United States.
- Utilize an interdisciplinary approach in employing the best sources and expertise for information related to cyber security and threats to national security.
- Detect, analyze and respond to cyber attacks on networks and computer systems that threaten national security.
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of existing and proposed security systems.
- Develop and implement organizational cyber security policies and procedures designed to protect areas involving national security.
- Develop skills that further the goal to broaden the pool of skilled workers capable of supporting a cyber-secure nation.
As an Excelsior College bachelor's level cyber operations graduate, within a few years of graduation, you are expected to:
- Apply general and discipline specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze and solve problems in the cyber technology discipline.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain technically current with, and adaptive to, changing technologies through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional/industrial environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional/industrial environment.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business, industry, and society.
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in the cyber technology field.
Excelsior College is recognized as a Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education by the NSA and DHS.