The 16-credit graduate certificate in Cybersecurity Management is a graduate-level certificate comprised of five graduate-level courses. This certificate will serve as a lead-in to the MBA concentration in Cybersecurity Management or the Master of Science degree in Cybersecurity.
Depending on content, students may transfer in up to 8 credits into the certificate program. All students must complete the capstone course, CYS 590, at Excelsior College.
Credits earned for the graduate Cybersecurity Management Certificate may transfer into the MBA or Master of Science in Cybersecurity from the School of Business & Technology, or the Master of Science in Criminal Justice from the School of Liberal Arts.
Upon successful completion of the graduate certificate in Cybersecurity Management, the student will be able to:
- Apply effective information security techniques to monitor, maintain, and enhance the protection of enterprise-wide information assets.
- Implement an Incident Response team that legally, ethically, and efficiently responds to cyber incidents.
- Detect, analyze, and respond to cyber attacks on networks and computer systems.
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of existing and proposed information systems.
- Utilize the best sources of information available related to cyber-security issues, threats, and recovery.
- Apply strategies to build relationships with other Incident Response teams, organizations, and law enforcement to improve incident response effectiveness.