Online Master's Degree from an Accredited Leader in Distance Learning
Cybersecurity is a critical need in every business, government agency, and nonprofit organization. Embark on a new career or boost your potential for promotion by gaining cybersecurity skills with a Master of Science in Cybersecurity from Excelsior College. This master's program is aligned with the academic requirements for Cybersecurity set by National Security Agency (NSA) and Department of National Security (DHS).
Designed for working adults, Excelsior's convenient and flexible online cybersecurity master's program enables you to complete your degree requirements while keeping your job and family commitments in balance. A leader in adult education since 1971, Excelsior College offers:
- Online cybersecurity classes that fit into your busy schedule.
- Generous transfer policies that can reduce your course load.
- Reasonable tuition and interest-free payment plans. See how much it will cost.
- Quality instruction from experts in the cybersecurity industry.
A Cybersecurity Master's to Advance Your Career Goals
As a nonprofit, accredited college, Excelsior upholds high academic standards. We developed our cybersecurity master's degree program in conjunction with industry leaders, and all course materials are continually reviewed and revised to reflect up to date best practices.
Learn from experienced cybersecurity faculty to gain practical skills in areas such as:
- IT risk assessment
- Information assurance
- Communication security
- Project management
- Digital crime and cyber attacks
- Ethical and legal issues in cybersecurity
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. (Learn more about MSCHE accreditation and specialized accreditations.)
MS in Cybersecurity Program Objectives
- Continuously monitor, maintain, and enhance the protection of enterprise-wide information assets through effective industry accepted information management and risk management techniques.
- Implement an Incident Response team that legally, ethically, and efficiently respond to cyber incidents.
- Detect, analyze and respond to cyber-attacks on networks and computer systems.
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of existing and proposed information systems.
- Develop and implement organizational cybersecurity policies and procedures
- Utilize the best sources of information available related to cyber security issues, threats, and recovery.
Degree Credit Requirements
The Master of Science in Cybersecurity degree program requires a minimum of 30 graduate-level credits, with nine required courses. Students in this program are allowed to transfer in a maximum of 9 approved, graduate-level credits, with a minimum of 21 credits to be taken directly at Excelsior College. Students might need to take additional course(s) if they do not have the appropriate prerequisites to complete the program.