Bachelors Degrees | Information Technology, IT | Cybersecurity Tech - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Technology Programs
Program: BS in Information Technology: Cybersecurity Concentration
Bachelor's in Information Technology (Cybersecurity)
Demand for cybersecurity professionals has never been higher. Employers in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors are scrambling for IT staff who have up-to-date cybersecurity skills.
You can fill this growing niche in the work force by earning an online Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (Cybersecurity concentration) from Excelsior College.
A national leader in workforce development and distance learning for more than 40 years, Excelsior offers career-building online IT degrees designed specifically for working adults. Our IT degree program is tailored for students who have tight schedules, tight budgets, and a strong educational foundation built through military training, job experience, and/or previous college coursework.
To eliminate obstacles that degree-seeking adults often face, Excelsior offers:
- Online information technology classes that you take on your own time—they won't clash with your work or family schedule.
- Affordable tuition, low student fees, and flexible payment plans that make for a budget-friendly IT degree.
- Generous transfer policies that reduce the number of classes you need to complete your bachelor's degree in information technology. You can earn transfer credit either for prior courses from accredited colleges, or for eligible forms of military training and job experience.
- Attentive support from our award-winning team of academic advisors.
An Information Technology Degree that's Affordable and Flexible
As an accredited college, Excelsior meets or exceed rigorous standards of academic quality. Our online IT degree program is based on input from industry leaders, and it's revised constantly to ensure that students get the most up-to-date training in areas such as:
- Cyberattacks and defenses
- Computer forensics
- Cloud computing
- Secure mobile environments
- Networking and communications
- Systems architecture
You'll study with cybersecurity pros who have years of experience, developing job-ready skills and expertise while earning an online IT degree that employers respect.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Program: Technology: BS in Information Technology Degree Requirements
BS in Information Technology Degree Requirements
Minimum of 120 credits: 60 in arts and sciences, 48 in the technology component, and 12 in free electives including information literacy.
Graduates will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of computing and mathematics for problem solving in the field of information technology.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and analyze user needs to define and create appropriate computing requirements and solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively select, evaluate, and integrate information technologies based solutions in a user environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to participate effectively in groups or team projects.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand professional, ethical, and social responsibilities, including the impacts of culture, diversity, and interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in communicating technical information in formal reports, documentation, and presentations to users and information technology professionals.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and analyze the impacts of information technologies and computing on the public, organizations, and individuals.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and apply current and emerging technologies and tools for information technologies solutions.
- Demonstrate expertise in the core information technologies, including web technologies, database management and security, object-oriented programming, computer architecture, systems architecture, operating systems, networking, and system administration.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze computing and information security requirements and risks, and apply the appropriate tools and techniques to protect organizational data assets in an ethically responsible manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply best practices and standards for information technology applications.
- Demonstrate the ability to assist in the creation and execution of an effective project plan.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional development and to continue to engage in lifelong learning.
Review more student learning outcomes
As an Excelsior College bachelor's level information technology graduate, within a few years of graduation, you are expected to:
- Apply general and discipline specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze and solve problems in the information technology discipline.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain technically current with, and adaptive to, changing technologies through continuous l