Online AAS Degree from an Accredited Leader in Distance Learning
Excelsior College's online Associate in Applied Science in Technical Studies (Nuclear Technologies) was specifically designed to help the nuclear power industry meet its workforce challenges.
It's also designed to provide students with academic credit for technical expertise they have acquired through military education or on-the-job training. Because you'll get credit for your hands-on knowledge, you will need to take fewer Excelsior classes to complete the AAS degree.
A national leader in adult education and distance learning since 1971, Excelsior enables you to:
- Take online nuclear technologies classes that won't get in the way of work or family responsibilities.
- Satisfy many degree requirements via military education and work experience.
- Get maximum transfer credit from your previous transcripts from accredited colleges.
- Save money on an AAS degree through our affordable tuition, low student fees, and flexible payment plans.
You'll graduate in less time, for less money, at Excelsior—and earn a degree that's highly respected by employers in the nuclear industry.
A Practical, Convenient Education in Nuclear Technologies
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. (Learn more about the MSCHE accreditation programs and specialized accreditations on our accreditation page.)
All of Excelsior's AAS degree programs meet strict requirements for academic quality. We use industry input to develop our nuclear technologies classes, and they're constantly being revised to reflect the most up-to-date knowledge and standards.
You'll work with highly experienced faculty and learn all the fundamentals of nuclear technologies, including
- Radiation protection, safety, and measurement
- Health physics
- Electrical theory
- Reactor cores and plant systems
- Computer programming
More than 140,000 working adults have earned degrees from Excelsior College. Put your experience to work, and earn an AAS degree that pays off in better jobs and higher pay.