Electronic / Instrumentation Technologies
Online Associate Degree from an Accredited Leader in Distance Learning
In today’s high-tech world, electronic instrumentation technicians enjoy good job opportunities and good incomes.
With Excelsior College’s online Associate in Science in Technology (Electronic / Instrumentation Technologies), you can get the job-ready skills you need to join this dynamic part of the work force.
And you can do it more quickly, conveniently, and affordably at Excelsior than at almost any other college.
Excelsior’s online associate technology degree is designed to meet the needs of working adults who have tight schedules and limited budgets. You’ll take all your technology classes online, at times and places that are convenient for you. At Excelsior, you also will:
- Save money on your associate technology degree, thanks to Excelsior’s low tuition and student fees.
- Graduate as quickly as possible, thanks to liberal credit-transfer policies that reduce the number of courses you need to take.
- Earn academic credit for some forms of military education or job training. (Excelsior’s AAS in Technical Studies with focus in Electronic / Instrumentation Technologies is designed to maximize military credits.)
Excelsior has been helping working adults achieve their educational and career goals since 1971. Our distance learning model and student-friendly policies can help you earn a marketable associate technology degree and increase your job prospects and earning potential.
Save Time and Money on an Associate Technology Degree
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. (Learn more about the MSCHE accreditation programs and specialized accreditations on our accreditation page.)
Our online technology classes meet the highest academic standards and incorporate the latest professional practices and theories. You’ll work with highly qualified instructors who have years of experience in the classroom and in the electronics instrumentation industry.
Students in the electronics / instrumentation focus area gain specialized knowledge in subjects such as:
- AC, DC, and digital circuits
- Power systems
- Programmable controllers
- Computer programming
With your associate technology degree, you’ll be able to compete successfully for jobs in many industries, including manufacturing, communications, health care, consumer electronics, and product development. You will also be qualified to move straight into Excelsior’s Bachelor of Science in Technology program.
61 credits: 30 in arts and sciences; 30 in the technology component to include at least 18 credits in the area of focus, plus a maximum of 12 credits in technical electives, including at least 3 credits to satisfy the computer applications requirement; and the 1 credit information literacy requirement. See the credit requirements in chart form.
We expect that as an Excelsior College Associate in Science in Technology graduate you will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Apply observation and measurement skills to develop quantitative expressions of natural science phenomena.
- Apply algebra, trigonometry, and higher order mathematics to solve technology related problems.
- Demonstrate introductory college-level proficiency in one or more of the social sciences.
- Demonstrate a comprehension of diverse cultural heritage, interpersonal relationships, the relationship between technology and society, and personal values to make intelligent and discerning judgments.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in computer applications used in technology areas.