Bachelors Degrees | Nuclear Engineering Technology BS | Online Degree - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Technology Programs
Program: Technology: BS in Nuclear Engineering Technology (Without Concentration)
Bachelor's in Nuclear Engineering Technology Degree
Excelsior College's Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering Technology degree program offers a combination only one other college can match: superior academic quality with the flexibility and convenience of an online degree.
Our nuclear engineering technology degree program has passed the most rigorous tests of academic quality. You can pass them, too, thanks to Excelsior's student-friendly approach.
A national leader in adult education and distance learning since 1971, Excelsior College eliminates obstacles and gives you a clear shot at a nuclear engineering technology degree. We do it by:
- Offering online nuclear engineering technology classes that you take at your convenience, enabling you to balance your studies with job and family routines.
- Awarding college credit for eligible forms of military training, industry-accredited training programs, and other education you've acquired outside a college classroom.
- Granting maximum transfer credit for approved courses you've taken at other accredited colleges. You'll have fewer Excelsior courses to take, and a shorter path to a nuclear engineering technology bachelor's degree.
- Providing personalized academic support from our award-winning team of advisors.
- Offering an affordable nuclear engineering degree, with tuition and fees that won't bust your budget—and flexible payment plans that enable you to pay as you go.
You'll graduate with a practical nuclear engineering technology degree that can boost your career, status, and earning power.
A Flexible, Affordable Path to an Accredited Nuclear Engineering Technology Degree
Excelsior's nuclear engineering technology degree meets or exceeds the same quality standards as equivalent programs at traditional colleges and universities.
We designed a program that's responsive to industry needs and trends. You'll learn the most up-to-date skills in our online nuclear engineering technology classes, while studying with faculty who have many years of industry experience.
You can tailor Excelsior's flexible program to meet your specific career goals. All graduates will gain marketable skills and expertise in areas such as:
- Plant systems and reactor cores
- Nuclear materials
- Health physics and safety
- Atomic and nuclear physics
- Applied thermodynamics and heat transfer
- Computer applications
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS in Nuclear Engineering Technology Degree Requirements
BS in Nuclear Engineering Technology Degree Requirements
Minimum of 124 credits: 60 in arts and sciences, 48 in the technology component (including 16 upper level), and 16 in free electives including information literacy.
Graduates will be able to:
- Select and apply appropriate knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the natural sciences, including physics, chemistry, thermodynamics, atomic physics, and nuclear physics, to solving problems in nuclear engineering technology areas.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand, measure, and provide quantitative expressions for natural phenomena, including observation, standard tests, experimentation, and accurate measurement.
- Select and apply appropriate knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of algebra, trigonometry, and calculus to problem solving in nuclear engineering technology areas.
- Make oral technical presentations in Standard English using graphics and language appropriate to the audience.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the written and graphical communication of technical information supported by appropriate technical references using Standard English.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of computer applications or documentation of the use of one or more computer software packages for technical problem solving appropriate to the nuclear engineering technology discipline.
- Demonstrate technical competency in the electrical theory, nuclear and engineering materials, reactor core fundamentals, power plant systems, heat transfer, fluids, health physics/radiation protection, and radiation measurement.
- Demonstrate comprehension of currently applicable rules and regulations in the areas of radiation protection, operations, maintenance, quality control, quality assurance, and safety.
- Integrate and apply knowledge of the functional areas of nuclear engineering technology in the safe operation and maintenance of nuclear systems.
- Design systems, components, or processes while demonstrating a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement of the design and operation of nuclear systems.
- Participate effectively as a member or a leader of technical teams.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to professional, ethical and social responsibilities, including the effects of culture, diversity, and interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrate a commitment and ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development.
Review student learning outcomes
As an Excelsior College bachelor's level nuclear engineering technology graduate, within a few years of graduation, you are expected to:
- Apply general and discipline-specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze, and solve technical problems in the nuclear discipline, including understanding and addressing the societal and institutional issues related to nuclear engineering technology.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain technically current with, and adaptive to, changing technologies through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional/industrial environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional/industrial environment, including communicating effectively to stakeholders external to the nuclear industry.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business, industry, and society.
- Demonstrate and utilize leadership principles in the field of nuclear engineering technology.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.