Associates Degrees | Technology – Power Plant Technologies | Online - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Technology Programs
Technology: AS in Technology: Power Plant Technologies Concentration
Associate in Technology (Power Plant Technologies)
The energy industry is rapidly evolving, but one thing hasn’t changed—the need for skilled power plant technicians who are knowledgeable in design, maintenance, safety, and environmental compliance. At Excelsior College, you can gain the expertise you need to work in the power plant industry by earning an online Associate in Science in Technology (Power Plant Technologies area of focus).
A national leader in adult education and workforce development since 1971, Excelsior designed its online associate technology program for working adults and students with a military background. You’ll be able to:
- Take all your power plant technologies courses online, fitting them into your schedule whenever it’s most convenient.
- Get maximum transfer credits for your previous coursework from accredited colleges, reducing the number of Excelsior courses you need to graduate.
- Convert some forms of military education and job experience into academic credit. See Excelsior's Associate in Science in Technical Studies with area of focus in Power Plant Technologies if you have a military background.
- Protect your budget with Excelsior’s affordable tuition, low student fees, and flexible payment plans.
- Move directly into Excelsior’s bachelor’s degree technology programs after you complete the associate degree.
Convenience and Flexibility in an Online Associate Technology Degree
Our online power plant technologies classes cover the most current practices in the industry. You’ll study with first-rate faculty who have years of teaching experience, while gaining a solid foundation in subjects such as:
- Control systems
- Heat transfer
You’ll graduate with a marketable associate technology degree that can help you build a career in power plant technologies, or move directly into a bachelor’s degree program at Excelsior.
Program: Technology: AS in Technology Degree Requirements
AS in Technology Credit Requirements
61 credits: 30 in arts and sciences; 30 in the technology component to include at least 18 credits in the area of focus, plus a maximum of 12 credits in technical electives, including at least 3 credits to satisfy the computer applications requirement; and the 1 credit information literacy requirement.
We expect that as an Excelsior College Associate in Science in Technology graduate you will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Apply observation and measurement skills to develop quantitative expressions of natural science phenomena.
- Apply algebra, trigonometry, and higher order mathematics to solve technology related problems.
- Demonstrate introductory college-level proficiency in one or more of the social sciences.
- Demonstrate a comprehension of diverse cultural heritage, interpersonal relationships, the relationship between technology and society, and personal values to make intelligent and discerning judgments.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in computer applications used in technology areas.