Power Plant Technologies
Online Bachelor's Degree in Technology from an Accredited Leader in Distance Learning
New energy technologies are changing the landscape in the power generation industry, creating demand for workers with an up-to-date education in power plant design, maintenance, and environmental efficiency.
Gain an edge in the job market by earning an online Bachelor of Science in Technology (Power Plant Technologies) from Excelsior College.
An innovator in adult education and distance learning since 1971, Excelsior engineered its technology degree program for working adults and students coming from a military background. In our student-friendly format, you can balance education with work, family, and other life commitments by:
- Taking online power plant technology courses on your own schedule, at your own convenience.
- Getting the maximum allowable number of transfer credits for your previous college work, reducing the number of Excelsior courses you need to graduate.
- Converting approved military classes and technical training programs into academic credit, further reducing your Excelsior course load.
- Saving money thanks to Excelsior's affordable tuition, low student fees, and flexible payment plans.
A Technology Degree to Raise Your Career Prospects and Income Potential
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. (Learn more about the MSCHE accreditation programs and specialized accreditations on our accreditation page.)
Our online power plant technologies classes address the most up-to-date industry trends and best practices. You'll study with leading faculty who bring years of power plant industry experience into the classroom.
In the power plant technologies concentration, you'll gain expertise in subjects such as:
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Thermodynamics and heat transfer
- Turbines, generators, engines, and boilers
You'll graduate with a marketable bachelor's technology degree that can help you compete for the best jobs in power plant technologies.