Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning, seeks applicants for a Recruitment Specialist position.
This position reports to the Assistant Vice President of Human Resources Office and the Sr. Recruitment Specialist. Primarily, this position will work with all academic departments to nationally recruit faculty who will develop and teach Excelsior College's online courses. The successful incumbent will also assist other recruitment members in the recruitment of Excelsior College staff in accordance with State, Federal, and local regulatory agency requirements, and in accordance with Excelsior College policies. Work is broad in scope and requires leadership and independent judgment. The position must possess considerable tact and maturity in interaction with candidates and staff in dealing with sensitive issues. This person also works collaboratively with other Human Resources staff to assist in the development and coordination of initiatives and objectives in support of the College's most valued resource – its staff.
The responsibilities of the Recruitment Specialist include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership in the recruiting process, working in close collaboration with all units to identify and select qualified and diverse faculty and staff. This also includes training new managers in the recruitment process.
- Work with academic units to specify position prerequisites, including skills, background, experience, and educational requirements.
- Develop effective and creative recruiting plans for targeted advertisement; provide initial screening of resumes and/or curriculum vitae, and prepare groups of qualified resumes for review by the hiring officer within the specific unit.
- Provide follow-through after selection of potential candidates by working with units to schedule interviews, complete reference checks, complete background checks, validate credentials, and execute offer letters.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate information in the faculty and staff database and run reports as requested.
- Maintain accurate employee personnel information in file or electronic format.
- Assist with general recruiting for academic and support units, as needed.
- Serve on College committees, as appointed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
This individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Demonstrate experience in all phases of the recruitment process, with emphasis on developing position descriptions, determining appropriate requirements, the placement of advertisements, and screening resumes.
- Proven ability and demonstrated skills in organization, project management, and database input and administration of accurate data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate administrative skills, knowledge, and ability.
- Be a team player and quick learner with outstanding communication skills, and integrity.
- Commitment to maintain confidential information in compliance with the Office of Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Excellent computer skills with a willingness to learn new computer applications.
- Ability to meet deadlines, maintain effective organizational skills, and coordination of work processes.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- A minimum of five years of in-depth recruiting experience in a fast-paced organization.
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link.
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Recruitment Specialist Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.
Open Positions at Excelsior College
Research Analyst (Part Time)