School of Nursing: CPNE®
Our current list of testing locations.
Availability of locations subject to change.
*These hospitals require additional fees for credentialing, background checks, and/or drug screening. Please message CPNE-Inquiry for more information.
Keep these details in mind:
- Choosing at least 3 testing locations is strongly encouraged; fewer than 3 locations may increase the wait time.
- At some testing locations the Skills Labs and pediatric populations may be in another building.
- Directions to testing locations and information about hotel and lodging will be available in the confirmation materials once the CPNE date is scheduled.
- Students will need to make all lodging and travel arrangements.
- Plan to arrive the day before the scheduled examination to avoid missing the exam in the event of travel delays.
- Certain testing locations require additional credentials, documentation and/or drug screening. Please contact CPAC for additional information.
- A list of lodging and other travel considerations will be included in the confirmation packet.
- Make travel arrangements (hotel, airline, etc.) promptly upon receiving CPNE date.
- Plan to arrive in the test site city the day before the examination and depart several hours after the end of the exam; exam ends approximately 5-6 pm.
- Hotels may provide shuttle service; inquire when making hotel reservations.
- The CPNE is rarely cancelled due to inclement weather. Add additional travel time to accommodate bad weather conditions, especially if traveling during winter months.
- Contact the CPNE office immediately in the event of any travel delays.
- Students are not permitted to enter nursing units until the PCS portion of the CPNE.
Contact Info for CPNE Performance Assessment Center (CPAC)
Jennifer Cole, Director of Operations, CPNE
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203-5159
Toll free: 888-647-2388 ext. 1312
MyExcelsior Message Center: Compose message
for CPNE Inquiry
Test Preparation Advisory
Preparation for Excelsior College® Examinations, though based on independent study, is supported by Excelsior College with a comprehensive set of exam learning resources and services designed to help you succeed.
These learning resources are prepared by Excelsior College so you can be assured that they are current and cover the content you are expected to master for the exams. These resources, and your desire to learn, are usually all that you will need to succeed.
There are test-preparation companies that will offer to help you study for our examinations. Some may imply a relationship with Excelsior College and/or make claims that their products and services are all that you need to prepare for our examinations.
Excelsior College is not affiliated with any test preparation firm and does not endorse the products or services of these companies. No test preparation vendor is authorized to provide admissions counseling or academic advising services, or to collect any payments, on behalf of Excelsior College. Excelsior College does not send authorized representatives to a student's home.
Depending upon your individual learning style and needs, you may consider using the services and products of a test preparation vendor to help you prepare for an Excelsior College Examination. Some students have found such materials beneficial while others have not. The decision to purchase the services and products of any of these vendors is entirely up to you.
Excelsior College does not review the materials provided by test preparation companies for content or compatibility with Excelsior College Examinations.
To help you become a well-informed consumer we suggest that you consider the following before making any purchase decision regarding study materials provided by organizations other than Excelsior College.
Does the company:
- Clearly articulate that it is an independent business enterprise, separate from Excelsior College, and that it is not a degree granting institution?
- Clearly inform you that the products and services it provides have not been reviewed, nor are they endorsed, by Excelsior College?
- Openly indicate that it is not an agent of Excelsior College, that it is not authorized to provide admissions counseling or academic advising regarding Excelsior's degree requirements, and that all its costs and fees are separate from those you will pay to the College?
- Have a record of unresolved complaints/disputes with consumer protection agencies, nursing boards, attorneys general offices, or other similar organizations?
- Require clients to commit to long-term, binding contracts to access its products and services?
- Provide data to substantiate the satisfaction of its clients with its products and services?