Security and Quality Assurance Manager
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning, seeks applicants for the position of Security and Quality Assurance Manager, in the Office of Information and Technology Services (OITS).
The Security and Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for coordinating the design and implementation of security solutions for the information technology infrastructure at Excelsior College. Additionally, this individual will serve as the lead quality assurance person tasked with ensuring implementation of best practices for infrastructure and security programs as well as audit assessments. Within the Infrastructure and Security team, process and work flow reviews, access controls, and testing of service, and product releases as they relate to security best practices will be a key focus. This position will be responsible for ensuring that a formalized quality assurance program is implemented within the Infrastructure and Security unit.
The Manager will provide both a comprehensive review and determination of the business requirements to design and implement secure solutions to meet user needs while protecting College assets. Also required will be the development, implementation and maintenance of an enhanced, comprehensive security policy focusing on a standards and guidelines library for proper security life cycle integration. The Security and Quality Assurance Manager will provide and maintain a security architecture and best practices plan and will disseminate this plan to those responsible for the configuration, operation, integration, and maintenance of systems and services.
- Build project plans and strategies to support information technology security.
- Develop and implement a quality assurance program within OITS for the creation, maintenance, testing, and release of software, hardware, and service launches while focusing on security best practices.
- Assist the Director of Infrastructure and Security in management of projects and personnel as relating to security and quality assurance.
- Interface with management and other College personnel on security issues, providing solutions for remediation.
- Implement controls and changes necessary on enterprise security systems.
- Manage disaster recovery procedures, policies, and ensure annual testing is in compliance with stated goals.
- Assess and maintain oversight of the security postures for all campus owned devices, as well as those that interface with College systems.
- Review vendor and third-party integration into Excelsior systems to ensure proper security requirements are maintained and documented in agreements.
- Maintain information security procedures which provide security statistics to analyze/report trends and vulnerabilities and provide appropriate documentation and feedback to necessary parties.
- Utilize industry-standard security best practices and policies to conduct detailed vulnerability assessments and implement recommended security safeguards to protect all Excelsior College assets.
- Assess, document, and maintain information security policies.
- Develop and present IT security management program educational materials.
- Ensure compliance with established security incident reporting procedures.
- Analyze security breaches to determine probable cause and take immediate corrective actions.
- Participate in security risk and vulnerability assessments and address immediately any risks that would pose a significant threat to the College.
- Develop and implement security related policies based upon risk based systems analysis.
- Attend professional conferences and training courses as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of IT project experience that provides required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
- Certifications in the following disciplines: IT Security related or quality assurance training such as ITIL®, Six Sigma, etc..
- Proven experience with operational testing plans.
- Strong history of policy creation and management as they relate to IT projects and best practices.
- Experience with business continuity planning.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP and related networks required.
- Knowledge of Internet security required.
- Experience with Microsoft® client/server technology required.
- Familiar with security controls and processes.
- Project management skills.
- Strong organization, analytical, problem-solving, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link.
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Security and Quality Assurance Manager Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.
Open Positions at Excelsior College
Research Analyst (Part Time)