Senior Associate Director of Financial Aid
Excelsior College, a private, independently chartered institution and recognized leader in the field of alternative higher education, seeks applicants for the position of Senior Associate Director of Financial Aid. Excelsior, a non-profit, regionally accredited college, provides highly flexible and cost effective means for working adults to earn college degrees. A staff of 480+ currently serves approximately 35,000 enrolled students worldwide. This is a full-time position with benefits located in Albany, NY.
The Senior Associate Director of Financial Aid reports to the Director of Financial Aid. This person will have a primary focus on compliance and assisting the Director in the day-to-day operations of the Office of Financial Aid. The Senior Associate Director will have oversight of all areas of financial aid administration and support, and be responsible for the supervision of all staff administering federal student aid. This position will help insure that all financial aid is processed in a timely fashion with a focus on Title IV compliance. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the financial aid leadership team to ensure adherence to compliance practices and policies, and will help develop and implement strategies that will leverage financial aid to increase enrollment and course takers at Excelsior College.
- Assist the Director with the day-to-day management of the Financial Aid Office including, but not limited to, the administration of all Federal Student Aid (Title IV) programs and the following:
- Direct Loans (DL)
- Federal Pell Grants
- Federal Campus Based programs
- Federal Nursing Loan programs
- Perform counseling of students and families, federal need analysis, packaging, C-flag reconciliation, unusual enrolment history review, NSLDS review, and the processing of applications for all federal programs.
- Assist the Director and Assistant Vice President (AVP) to establish and implement new regulatory requirements to ensure compliance.
- Process all consortium agreements.
- Complete annual HEOA updates.
- Act as secondary review for Title IV program quality control.
- Assist in the development of default management strategies for DL to maintain a low cohort default rate.
- Assist the Director and AVP with the annual A-133 audit for the federal programs.
- Work closely with key leaders in the Bursar's, Admissions, Academic Advisors, and Registrar's offices to establish and implement complaint procedures.
- Assist the AVP for Enrollment Management with the development of annual Requests for Information (RFI) to establish preferred lender lists to secure private loan options for Excelsior College students.
- Work to promote academic success, increase retention, decrease time toward graduation, and improve the overall educational experience of students.
- Estimate financial aid packages monthly for prospective students; communication & tracking.
- Create enrollment initiatives including reminder notices for financial aid study plans and course registrations every term; communication and tracking.
- Assist the Director and AVP for Enrollment Management with developing the annual budget, policies and procedures, and annual training needs for the Office of Financial Aid.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 6 years experience in a financial aid office required.
- Demonstrated expertise in student financial aid regulations and financial aid software.
- Experience with PowerFAIDS financial aid management system preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and strong problem solving skills are essential.
The ideal candidate will have experience with Title IV compliance and also demonstrate an interest in promoting distance learning higher education to a diverse adult student population.
This is a full-time, 12-month, benefits-eligible administrative position. Normal office hours of work are M-F, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. This position description is not all-inclusive, as other tasks or responsibilities may be assigned.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Senior Associate Director of Financial Aid Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.