Senior Multimedia Developer
Excelsior College, a private, independently chartered institution and recognized leader in the field of alternative higher education, seeks applicants for the position of Senior Multimedia Developer.
The Senior Multimedia Developer collaborates with instructional designers, subject matter experts, faculty program directors and other College staff to design and develop media-rich learning objects that combine text, graphics, animation, simulation, audio, video, and social media. The Senior Multimedia Developer coordinates and manages the planning, design, development, and implementation of instructional multimedia in collaboration with unit and College staff. The position also provides technical expertise and project management skills in support of College or unit initiatives and special projects, as needed.
- Collaborate with instructional designers, subject matter experts, faculty program directors, and other College staff to create interactive and instructionally sound multimedia for online and CD-ROM delivery.
- Create, revise, re-purpose, or locate and adapt multimedia materials in support of online teaching and learning.
- Oversee the deployment of multimedia within the course management system (Blackboard), web conference environment, and other applications used for online teaching and learning; provide troubleshooting and quality control support, as needed.
- Collaborate with College staff to research, evaluate, and recommend new software and innovative approaches for integrating multimedia into online education.
- Evaluate and ensure the quality, accuracy, and effectiveness of instructional materials within the context of Quality Matters, ADA guidelines, and College policies.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate training materials for faculty and staff use.
- Mentor Center for Online Education, Learning and Academic Services team members around the use of multimedia applications and best practices.
- Recommend policies, procedures, and work flows that improve the course development and revision processes.
- Identify and help resolve ethical and legal implications of multimedia use in online education.
- Maintain current knowledge of multimedia and instructional technology research.
- Advise on current and future trends related to multimedia systems and practices and present at professional conferences, as required.
Occasional travel for conference attendance and presentation.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree (or significant and continuing progress) in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in education or training environment.
- Experience with online education or training preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with applications used to create interactive instructional materials such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Articulate Studio, Articulate Storyline, Audacity, Techsmith Camtasia, SoftChalk, Web 2.0 tools, and related open-source software.
- Working knowledge of online learning standards including SCORM, Section 508 requirements, and web usability practices.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills including HTML, HTML5, CSS, streaming protocols, media codecs, and digital asset management.
- Familiarity with JAVA, PHP, or other dynamic scripting language preferred.
- Customer service orientation and excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working with a learning management system such as Blackboard, Moodle, or Sakai.
- Multiple platform versatility with a willingness and ability to continue learning new applications and tools for multimedia development.
The candidate must have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. The candidate must also possess advanced organizational skills and interpersonal communication skills to ensure that specialized projects and the daily work flow are organized, prioritized, and accurately completed within prescribed time frames.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Senior Multimedia Developer Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.