Social Media and Engagement Manager
The social media and engagement manager is a member of the marketing team within the enrollment management unit. The social media and engagement manager is an experienced social media and engagement strategist with a proven track record of providing fully realized social strategies, responsible for creating, implementing and driving new campaigns, as well as analyzing and optimizing current initiatives across a variety of platforms. This position will develop and manage the processes and technologies that support the collection, managing, and publishing of information online. The ideal candidate is not only familiar with, but lives on a variety of social media platforms, and can articulate creative strategies for generating buzz, increasing traffic, and fostering a community online. In addition, it is important to boost brand awareness, engagement, and thought leadership through monitoring, managing, and creating community engagement within Excelsior College's social channels and communication tactics.
- Developing an innovative, effective, on-going social media plan/strategy across all channels of social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and more) and continually update that plan/strategy and related activity based on emerging trends and opportunities.
- Managing the day-to-day social media activities. This includes planning an editorial calendar and creating content to support that calendar.
- Insuring integration of a social media content plan with overall with other interactive marketing initiatives (paid media, email, public relations, etc.).
- Adopting and implementing plans and procedures to meet compliance and legal requirements as they relate to social media.
- Writing copy, producing content, and repurposing materials optimized for the web consistent with the messaging platform; create content for social media in a variety of formats including copy, social media posts, blogs, online contests, interactive graphics, videos, and podcasts.
- Brainstorming, planning, executing, and maintaining social media campaigns and strategies for enhancing student communities as well as building awareness with external audiences.
- Creating roadmaps of social media engagements spanning Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, and other relevant social networks.
- Defining goals, objectives, and target audience(s) for the College's social media efforts, and updating these as needed.
- Implementing analytics and reporting methods to gauge program success.
- Delivering social media monitoring reports using Radian6 and other monitoring technologies.
- Keeping up-to-date with social media news, industry trends, new technologies, etc..
- Educating the College community on social media trends and strategies via emails, meetings, calls, and presentations.
- Championing the value of social media across the organization.
- Acting as main point of contact for all social media initiatives and facilitate collaboration across all College units.
- Sharing Excelsior College news on any/all applicable platforms.
- Helping define and report on key performance indicators.
- Proactively designing long-term social media strategies that are aligned with College strategic plans.
- Collaborating with multiple internal departments to drive the highest level of constituent satisfaction.
- BA/BS degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- 3-5 years of experience in digital space with 2 years managing social media across multiple channels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid understanding of digital marketing, brand strategy, public relations, analytics, SEO, SEM, and social media platforms and monitoring tools.
- Track record of innovation and creative thinking.
- Proven experience managing successful high-profile projects that involve multiple business functions.
- Proven understanding of social media and its role in business.
- Proven experience managing social media campaigns and ability to apply social media/new media solutions to a business environment.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in work.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to plan, prioritize, monitor, and respond to changes quickly.
- Above average skill in and passion for using today's social networking tools like Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites.
- Good sense of decorum and brand appropriateness.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all level of an organization.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume or curriculum vitae, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
Human Resources Office
Social Media and Engagement Manager Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.