Excelsior College is a regionally accredited, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning.
We realize our most valuable resource is our staff and faculty. Our commitment to employees includes providing a quality work environment through diversity and inclusion, open communications, and wellness programs no matter where the employee is located.
Work in a positive culture, develop professionally, and become involved in a community full of mutual support, fairness, and equality.
Explore your possibilities.
Review our current open positions and apply online.
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link.
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
- Academic Advisor, School of Nursing
- Academic Program Coordinator, School of Public Service
- Assistant Vice President for Extended Education/COO for ESE
- Course Registration Associate
- Director of Faculty Development
- Director of Partnership Solutions
- Executive Director, Institutional Research
- Faculty Program Director, Associate Degree in nursing
- Faculty Program Director, Cybersecurity
- Marketing Automation Manager
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Graphic Designer
- Nurse Faculty Mentor (part-time 50%)
- Program Coordinator, US Army Sergeants Major Academy, Texas
- Program Manager, Veteran to BS in Nursing Project
- Recruitment Specialist
- Security and Quality Assurance Manager
- Senior Financial Aid Counselor
- Testing Services Associate
- Undergraduate Application Specialist
The Excelsior College School of Nursing seeks qualified adjunct faculty to teach 8 and 15 week online courses in its associate, bachelor's, and master's degree programs. Qualified candidates will hold a minimum of a master's degree in nursing and a doctorate for the master's program. All candidates should have experience as online educators and the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) designation is preferred. A current nursing license is required.
Adjunct faculty at Excelsior College are part of a team that strengthens student's success. Academic advisors guide students with course selection and registration, onsite faculty program directors prepare the course and content, and adjunct faculty oversee the online class delivery, student learning, and evaluation. Adjunct faculty are part of an academic community of professionals with opportunities for networking while enhancing income potential.
The Excelsior College School of Nursing is a National League for Nursing NLN Center of Excellence in Nursing Education. Our nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc. (NLNAC).
- Adhere to all College policies.
- Prepare to teach the online course.
- Manage the online course.
- Teach and facilitate.
- Assess student learning.
- Communicate with school faculty and staff.
- A minimum of a master's degree in nursing and a doctorate for the master's program.
- Experience in teaching online preferred.
- Current Registered Professional Nurse License required.
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) designation preferred.
Additional requirements for the position
The candidate must successfully complete a College sponsored training program.
If you are interested in online teaching opportunities with the School of Nursing, please complete an application for employment.
The application allows you to apply for specific areas within your discipline and upload your vita and other required credentials. The office of human resources reviews your credentials and forwards them to the appropriate program director. If selected to teach, Excelsior College does require an official copy of your transcript.
We will contact you via email as soon as possible following receipt of your submission to further explore how we can work together.
Please recommend anyone who might be interested in these positions.
The Clinical Performance in Nursing Examination (CPNE®) is a criterion-referenced performance examination administered over a weekend in a hospital. Students are awarded 8 semester credits upon successful completion. Examiners are responsible for one-on-one clinical evaluation of nursing students enrolled in the Excelsior College distance education nursing program. Part-time clinical examiner positions are available at regional performance assessment centers nationally. The position reports to a regional performance assessment center director or faculty within the Excelsior College School of Nursing.
- Evaluate student performance in patient care and simulated settings
- Orient students to patient care unit
- Observe student performance at all times
- Document student performance using prescribed tools
- Coordinate student assignment with hospital staff
- Protect patients from physical jeopardy
- Consult, as needed, with the supervisor on site during the examination
- Create a student testing assignment according to examination protocols
- Assure that the student has the equipment and supplies needed for the examination
- Master's degree in Nursing is required.
- Experience in teaching and evaluating generic nursing students in a school of nursing or experience orienting graduate RNs to clinical practice.
- Experience in evaluating students during clinical performance test preferred.
Additional requirements for the position
- Candidate must successfully complete a College-sponsored training program.
- Candidate must be able to work weekends (from 3 pm Friday to 5 pm Sunday) every four to six weeks.
- Renee Gecsedi, Midwestern Performance Assessment Center (MPAC) and Northern Performance Assessment Center (NPAC) RPAC director, 888-647-2388, ext. 8266
- Katrina Barnes, Southern Performance Assessment Center (SPAC) interim director, 404-325-5536 ext. 101
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203-5159
888-647-2388 ext. 32
Excelsior College is seeking highly motivated individuals for professional, faculty, and consulting positions.
We update the job postings as positions are filled or become available. Check back often.
Staff Positions - Working in the Albany, NY Area
Historic Albany, New York and the Capital District offer cultural and entertainment opportunities rivaling those found in Boston, New York, and Montreal, all of which are within a three-hour drive from Albany.
For the outdoor-minded, the Adirondacks, Berkshires, and the Green Mountains are even closer, offering spectacular scenery and opportunities for rock and mountain climbing, white-water rafting, hiking, kayaking, downhill skiing, and mountain biking.