Procedures for Military Servicemembers Awaiting Tuition Assistance Approval
Excelsior College has implemented procedures that will enable military servicemembers to register for our courses while they await Tuition Assistance (TA) approval for a specific course in a specific term.
Students will use a temporary TA number. Your temporary TA number will follow this naming convention (where xxxx is the last four digits of your Social Security number):
- For the Air Force: AFxxxx
- For the Marine Corps: MCxxxx
- For the Navy: NVxxxx
- For the Coast Guard: CGxxxx
Temporary TA number requirements:
- In order to use the temporary TA number, your Social Security number must be included on your student record.
- The temporary TA number may only be used for one course term at a time. It may be used for multiple courses in a single term.
- The temporary TA number will be valid beginning 4 weeks prior to the start date of a specific term.
- The temporary TA number will not be valid during the term's late course registration period.
- It is recommended that students request and receive official course approval from their Excelsior College academic advisor to ensure the course you attempt to register for applies to your degree program.
Once your service branch approves TA, you must send your approved TA form to email@example.com or fax to 518-608-8135. The official form must contain:
- The correct course number
- Correct start and end dates - see chart below
Note: If the TA Approval is not received or if TA is not approved at 100%, you have until the 19th calendar day of the term to cancel with no financial or academic penalty. You will be billed and placed on a financial hold until the tuition is paid in full. If you cancel by the 19th calendar day of the term no further payment is due.
Important Term Dates:
|Temporary TA Release Date||Term Start Date||Term End Date||Term Length|| Last Day to drop without academic |
or Tuition Assistance penalty
|February 3, 2014||March 3, 2014 (SPRING II)||April 27, 2014||8 Week||March 21, 2014|
|April 7, 2014||May 5, 2014 (SUMMER)||August 17, 2014||15 Week||May 23, 2014|
|April 7, 2014||May 5, 2014 (SUMMER I)||June 29, 2014||8 Week||May 23, 2014|
|June 2, 2014||June 30, 2014 (SUMMER II)||August 24, 2014||8 Week||July 18, 2014|
|July 28, 2014||August 25, 2014 (FALL I)||October 19, 2014||8 week||September 12, 2014|
|July 28, 2014||August 25, 2014 (FALL I)||December 7, 2014||15 week||September 12, 2014|
|September 22, 2014||October 20, 2014 (FALL II)||December 14, 2014||8 week||November 7, 2014|
|December 8, 2014||January 5, 2015 (SPRING I)||March 1, 2015||8 week||January 23, 2015|
|December 8, 2014||January 5, 2015 (SPRING I)||April 19, 2015||15 week||January 23, 2015|
|February 2, 2015||March 2, 2015 (SPRING II)||April 26, 2015||8 week||March 20, 2015|
|April 6, 2015||May 4, 2015 (SUMMER I)||June 28, 2015||8 week||May 22, 2015|
|April 6, 2015||May 4, 2015 (SUMMER I)||August 16, 2015||15 week||May 22, 2015|
|June 1, 2015||June 29, 2015 (SUMMER II)||August 23, 2015||8 week||July 17, 2015|
|4 weeks prior to the start date of term||First Monday of the Month||19 Calendar days after start of term|
Military Education Representative on your Installation
Education Representatives at regional installations are available to advise you and help you get started.
Military personnel and family members are eligible for all scholarships that are available to Excelsior College students. For further information, visit our Financial Aid page or email the Financial Aid office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Military spouse scholarship programs are available.
Two types of distance learning course formats are available:
- Online courses
- Instructor-led CD-ROM-based courses offered in business-related subjects by our School of Business and Technology
Excelsior College has continuous enrollment, and our flexibly-scheduled distance learning courses begin every other month throughout the year. CD-ROM and online courses are offered in 8 week and 15 week terms. Review our course dates and deadlines and course search page for detailed information. Please contact an academic advisor for course approval to be sure the course(s) you choose will apply toward your remaining degree requirements.