Testing Services Associate
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning, seeks applicants as Testing Services Associate for the Center for Educational Measurement.
The Testing Services Associate will utilize self initiative and good decision-making skills to assist with and/or coordinate detailed office functions and provide assistance for administrative and business details by performing the duties outlined below while demonstrating the ability to perform exacting tasks within established guidelines.
The Testing Services Associate's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answer incoming Test Administration phone calls, message center inquiries, emails, etc.
- Contact students via telephone regarding exam score requests, changing exam registrations, etc.
- Provide back-up coverage to check and respond to office voice mail, email, message center work queues, and faxes on a daily basis and respond accordingly
- Assist students with online registration for practice and operational exams
- Process official examinations transcripts in a timely manner when needed
- Input orders for mailing information regarding Excelsior College Examinations as requested
- Read and route incoming mail, and prepare outgoing mail
- Protect security of exams and maintain confidentiality of stakeholders
- Process exam registrations as needed
- Process credit card payments for exam registrations, service fees and examination transcript requests
- Process student exam cancellations, reschedules, refund requests received through work queues, email, fax, or mail
- Process student requests for eligibility window extensions for exams, switching exams, and resetting practice exams received through work queues, email, fax, or mail
- Input student and institutional contact information in the Student Information System (SIS) and generate associated identification codes
- Reprint Detailed Score Reports for individual examination results as needed
- Process confidential and routine correspondence and reports as assigned
- Research archived student exams not shown in SIS via microfiche, computer printouts, and history cards
- Modify and maintain databases and administrative directories
- Generate Discoverer Reports as needed
- Organize and maintain secure storage of confidential correspondence and records
- Locate and attach appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by Director of Testing Services
- Maintain accurate, complete, and current filing systems at all times, to include information binders on forms, procedures, etc.
- File requests for official examinations transcripts alphabetically by date processed as needed
- Collate official examinations transcript requests and registration forms and prepare for secure destruction per retention schedule
- Review Pearson VUE monthly bill in a timely manner and prepare Purchase Order Request for signature by appropriate parties
- Input data for Psychometric Services related to exam standard settings as needed
- Fax letters and documents as necessary
- Enter materials requests on SIS
- Photocopy correspondence or other printed matter as needed
- Assist Executive Director of Marketing with reports, emails to students/partners, research as needed
- Participate in projects to assist other members of the Center for Educational Measurement and Excelsior College staff as needed
- Order office supplies as needed
- Carry out other tasks as directed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Utilize flexible business communication skills to provide quality staff/student service
- Ability to communicate and accomplish staff results
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is critical
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- High level of proficiency utilizing software applications including Microsoft® Word, Excel, Power Point, and the Internet
- Willingness to learn new computer software
- Type minimum of 50-55 wpm
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link.
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Testing Services Associate Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.
Open Positions at Excelsior College