Undergraduate Application Specialist
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning, seeks applicants for the position of Undergraduate Application Specialist in the Admissions Office of the Enrollment Management unit.
The Undergraduate Application Specialist performs administrative support functions which require the ability to learn and apply established policies and practices. Productive organizational skills and strong communication skills are required to ensure that the daily work flow is prioritized and accurately completed within prescribed deadlines. These tasks include word-processing, data entry, and student/staff service duties as assigned.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist and support admission counselors relating to undergraduate applications and daily office functions
- Assist and support students in regards to their application
- Process applications to include the following:
- accurate data entry
- appropriate work queue navigation
- correspond with staff and students regarding incomplete applications
- Review, research, and reply to student inquiries via email
- Apply sound decision making skills concerning:
- expedited file processing
- appropriate work queue flow or the need to exclude specific queues
- procedures regarding updates or completing simultaneous reviews for a specific situation
- Help College staff with their questions about application processing
- Read, route, and/or process incoming mail
- Help staff with prospective student walk-ins
- Assist and support with new processes development or improvement of current procedures
- Help train new support staff members
- Participate in professional development
- Assist and support the Call Center staff in the following ways:
- serve as main back-up answering telephones
- process examination registrations
- communicate with external customers/students and internal staff members by phone
- assist students or external customers via telephone with information regarding Excelsior College or route callers to appropriate departments
- greet visitors, ascertain nature of business, and direct them to the appropriate person
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is critical
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Willingness to work in fast paced, high volume environment
- Excellent decision making skills
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member
- Strong, accurate data entry skills
- Proficient in use of email and software applications including Microsoft® Word
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
Education / Experience
- High school diploma or general education development certificate (GED)
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link.
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Undergraduate Application Specialist Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.
Open Positions at Excelsior College
Research Analyst (Part Time)