VFW, Department of Vermont
VFW, Department of Vermont receives significant savings on Excelsior College tuition and fees. Excelsior College helps busy working adults earn the degrees they need through a variety of flexible distance education programs.
At Excelsior College, you can rely on maximum transfer of prior college credits and credits for approved military and corporate training. Earning a degree is your best strategy for improving your career opportunities. Whether you are in mid-career or planning for transition, we can help you make the most of your education benefits. Our experienced academic advisors are ready to assist you through the education process. Our financial aid officers can answer your questions about the current GI Bills or your employer's tuition assistance and help you get started in one of our programs. We make it affordable and manageable.
GRADUATE DEGREE TUITION DISCOUNT IN 2013
Excelsior College will offer a 15 percent deduction on tuition to any individual enrolled in a graduate level program through a veteran organization partnership.
VT VFW members, spouses, and domestic partners receive special pricing (PDF) for Excelsior tuition and fees.
Students are required to complete a minimum of six (6) Excelsior College course credits within the one year period and the Student Service Annual Fee will be waived. If the six (6) course credits are not completed, the Student Service Annual Fee will be $225 for the subsequent year.
This partnership requires 12 credits be taken via online or CD-ROM courses prior to graduation through Excelsior College. If this is not attained, tuition and fees will revert back to the standard price structure for your degree program.
Compare Excelsior's online tuition.
The $80 application process and fee* will be waived if you have received a courtesy unofficial review. All employees, members, spouses, and domestic partners are eligible to receive a free courtesy unofficial review to the degree they are closest or a degree of their choice.
To receive a courtesy unofficial review, please provide all your unofficial military and civilian transcripts at one time via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 518-608-8142 with a cover sheet. Information provided via email or fax should contain: your name, contact information, and the degree program you would like to apply your credits toward. Excelsior College will provide you an unofficial evaluation of your previously earned college credits toward a degree you are closest to or a degree of your choice within 3 – 4 weeks.
You must be employed with this partner or member of this partner association or a spouse or domestic partner of an employee or member to take advantage of special pricing.
If you have had a courtesy unofficial review and know the degree program you wish to receive please continue to the How to Enroll Tab.
Complete, and mail/fax the Excelsior application form (Forms tab).
* Students pursuing nursing degrees must go through this undergraduate application process and pay the $80 fee although they may receive an unofficial courtesy review.
After admission, for students pursuing a nursing degree or after you have received a courtesy or unofficial review, please complete this enrollment form (PDF) and submit via fax to 518-464-8777 or email to email@example.com.
To contact The Center for Military Education and Veteran Services & Outreach, please visit our
Undergraduate application form (PDF) for students pursuing degrees under the VT VFW partnership.
Graduate application form (PDF) for students pursuing degrees under the VT VFW partnership.
Enrollment form (PDF) for students who have received a courtesy unofficial review or completed the application process and paid the fee (students pursuing a nursing degree) under the VT VFW partnership.
Advance your Career with a College Degree
All Excelsior College degree programs are supported by Department of Vermont, Veterans of Foreign Wars.
The following degrees have a military friendly transfer policy. Note: certificates are not included in the partnership program.
Gain knowledge of the latest technology while staying on the job.
- Associate in Applied Science in Technical Studies with Area of Focus
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Operations
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with concentration in Cybersecurity Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering Technology*
- Bachelor of Science in Technology with Area of Focus
- Bachelor of Professional Studies in Technology Management with area of focus in:
- Electrical Technology
- Information Technology
- Nuclear Technology
- Master of Science in Cybersecurity
VT VFW members can receive college credit for the completion of Nuclear Utility Accredited Training Programs (PDF) and GPiLearn (PDF) online power plant technology training. See how your training applies towards both the Nuclear and Power Plant Technology degree programs.
*The bachelor's degree programs in electrical engineering technology and nuclear engineering technology are accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202, 410-347-7700; www.abet.org. ABET is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Gain a competitive edge and expand your potential while maintaining your life style.
- Associate in Applied Science in Administration/Management Studies
- Bachelor of Professional Studies in Business & Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration with concentration in:
- Human Performance Technology
- Technology Management
- Master of Science in Management
Gain an excellent educational foundation without sacrificing family, social, or employment commitments.
- Associate in Science in Liberal Arts (military friendly transfer policy)
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts (military friendly transfer policy)
- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts (military friendly transfer policy)
- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts with a major
- Master of Arts in Liberal Studies
Gain the knowledge and skills to advance your career through ACEN-accredited nursing programs.
- Associate in Applied Science in Nursing‡
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree
- Master of Science in nursing degree†
- Master of Science in Nursing Specialization in:
- Clinical Systems Management
- Nursing Informatics
- Nursing Education
‡12 credits of Excelsior College online or CD ROM courses are required for the general education components.
†Free evaluation offered for nursing degrees but, due to eligibility requirements the $80 application process and fee apply.
Please review State Licensure Requirements for Associate Degree in Nursing Graduates for Vermont.
Gain a step in advancement in the growing sector of health care.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences with emphasis:
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management with dual degree option for:
- MBA with concentration in Human Performance Technology
- MBA with concentration in Information Security
- MBA with concentration in Technology Management
- Master of Science in Health Sciences Degrees
- Master of Science in Health Sciences (Without Specialization)
- Master of Science in Health Sciences (Health Professions Education)
Gain proficiency and techniques for a public service career around your work schedule.
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice:
- Administration of Criminal Justice
- Homeland Security
- Law Enforcement and Public Safety
- Bachelor of Science in Military Studies
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice (Homeland Security and Emergency Management)
Ways to Earn Credit
Excelsior College offers a generous transfer policy. Prior college education, military, and workplace training that have been evaluated for college credit, and for-credit exams are among the many ways to earn credit.
Other Educational Opportunities
Military Admissions Counselors:
If you need assistance with your application, degree planning, or enrollment, please contact our Military Admissions Counselors:
Toll free phone:
888-647-2388 ext. 1352
Veteran Services and Outreach at Excelsior:
If you have questions about the Post-9/11 GI Bill, monthly housing allowance stipend, or any other topic, please contact us:
Veterans Service and Outreach
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203-5159
Please reference the name of your organization when contacting us, so you will be able to take advantage of all partner benefits.