Alumni Leadership Council & Staff
Your 2016-2017 Alumni Leadership Council
Can You See Yourself Here?
The Alumni Association is represented by its Leadership Council which is made up of members elected by alumni. There are 12 Leadership Council members, who are guided by an Executive Committee consisting of a president, vice president, second vice president, and secretary. Members serve a term of three years and represent the diverse background of the Excelsior College alumni population.
If you're an interested alum who is passionate about Excelsior and cares about the future of the College and the value of your degree, then use your personal combination of skills and expertise to give back to Excelsior by applying for the Alumni Leadership Council. Your contribution of thoughts, ideas, and enthusiasm in support of the College will help the Alumni Association develop programs and services valuable to your fellow alumni.
The deadline for applications is January 15. Applicants who are selected by the Nominations Committee will be notified by April 1 and then be put forth on a ballot to the alumni-at-large for ratification in an open vote each spring between May 1-7.
Applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Must be able to attend Commencement and related activities in Albany, NY each year in July
- Must be available for publicity events, articles, and similar activities
- Must consent to a background check
- Are required to make a financial contribution to the Excelsior College Annual Campaign
- Cannot be a member of the faculty or staff
- Are required to participate in monthly teleconferences
- Are required to participate in webinars and in-person regional events on occasion
Applicants should forward the following to the Office of Alumni Affairs by January 15:
- Brief biography
- Completed Alumni Leadership Council Member Application Form (PDF)
* Incomplete applications will not be considered.
* If an applicant applies for a seat on the ALC and an alumni award (or multiple awards), selection for one will automatically disqualify the applicant from being considered for the others.
Fax: 518-464-8777 Attention: Office of Alumni Affairs
Office of Alumni Affairs
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203-5159
The Alumni Association is represented by its Leadership Council which is made up of members elected by alumni. There are 12 Leadership Council members, who are guided by an Executive Committee consisting of a president, vice president, and secretary. Members serve a term of three years and represent the diverse background of the Excelsior College alumni population.
Dwayn Hanford, BS '05
First Vice President
Shelia A. Scott, BS '02
Second Vice President
J. Kane Tomlin, BS '12, MCJ '14
Panama City, Florida
Mark A. Bowman, BS '00
Sandra Butterfield, BS in Nursing '86
Spring Valley, CA
Sterling Brown, AS '96, BS '98
Daniel L. Coberly, AS '77, BS '84
Hazel Green, AL
Jennifer Gentry, AS in Nursing '04, BS in Nursing '11, MS in Nursing '15
Edgar Montalvo, BS '97
Tinley Park, Illinois
Ronald Tosto, BPT '12
Walnut Creek, CA
Tanya Whitney, AA '86, BA '91
Renee Kelly, Director of Alumni Affairs