Alumni Awards - Alumni
Page Hero - Alumni and Donors
Each year, the Alumni Leadership Council recognizes alumni based on their academic, professional, personal and community contributions. This is a great way to honor those whose accomplishments can inspire others. You worked hard to earn your degree and deserve to have your accomplishments recognized. Because Excelsior alumni are spread out all over the world, it's unlikely that a graduate will be nominated for an award by someone else. That's why we rely on you to help build our alumni community by letting us know how you've used your degree to advance your career and improve your life.
Awards for Which You May Self-Nominate
Read the instructions and complete the Alumni Award Application Form to be considered for one of the following three awards.
Alumni Achievement Award
Recognizes outstanding academic, professional, personal, and community contributions that are representative of our graduates. Presented to a graduate whose achievements may serve as a role model to inspire other graduates and students.
Carrie B. Lenburg Award
Presented to an outstanding nursing graduate in recognition of the accomplishments and vision of Dr. Carrie Lenburg, coordinator of the Regents College Nursing Program from 1973 to 1990. It commemorates her commitment to helping nurses attain their educational and professional goals. This award is presented to a nurse who demonstrates a commitment to nursing education as well as academic and professional accomplishments in the field of nursing.
C. Wayne Williams Award
Named after the College's first president, this award is presented in recognition of outstanding public service and community involvement by a graduate.
Award Recipients Nominated by College
Alumni Service Award
The Alumni Service Award recognizes outstanding service to Excelsior College by a graduate whose efforts in advocacy, recruitment, or outreach may serve as a role model to others in helping the College achieve its overarching goals. Candidates for this award are nominated by the Alumni Leadership Council, College staff, Excelsior Board of Trustees, or the alumni community at large.
- Must be available to attend the Awards Convocation in Albany, NY to receive the award
- Cannot be a current member of the faculty or staff
- Cannot be a member of the current graduating class (preferably, the applicant earned an Excelsior, Regents, or USNY degree at least three years prior)
- Cannot be a previous Excelsior (or Regents or USNY) award winner of any type
- Must be available for publicity events, articles, and similar activities
- Must consent to a background check
Applicants should forward the following to the Office of Alumni Affairs by January 15:
- Brief biography
- Letter indicating the award you feel qualified to receive, including a 100-word statement explaining why
- Completed Alumni Award Application Form
* Incomplete applications will not be considered.
* If an applicant applies for multiple awards (or an award and a seat on the ALC), selection for one will automatically disqualify the applicant from being considered for the others.
Fax: 518-464-8777 Attention: Office of Alumni Affairs
Office of Alumni Affairs
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203-5159