Consider Nominating Youself for the advisory Board
The Alumni Association seeks energetic, dedicated graduates who would like to nominate themselves for election to the Alumni Advisory Board. Consider becoming a part of the leadership of your Alumni Association as it continues to help move Excelsior College "ever upward."
Advisory Board Duties
- Attend the annual meeting held the day after Commencement in July (expenses are covered by the College)
- Attend Commencement ceremonies held each year during the month of July in Albany
- Participate in phone conferences and electronic meetings throughout the year
- Serve on Advisory Board committees
- Serve as a regional point-of-contact for local alumni and facilitate networking between alumni within your region
- Participate in a number of outreach activities including posting mail, sending email, distributing alumni association literature and participating in online chats.
- Make an annual financial contribution to the College (the amount is left to each individual's discretion)
- Serve for three years
Your contribution of thoughts, ideas, and enthusiasm in support of the College will help the Alumni Association develop programs and services valuable to fellow alumni.
How to Self-Nominate
To be considered, submit the completed Advisory Board Member Self-Nomination Form [link], along with a letter explaining the reasons you would like to participate on the advisory board, and a copy of your updated resume.
Nominations are due December 31 for a seat on the Advisory Board beginning July 1 of the following year.
What Happens Next
The Advisory Board's Nominating Committee will place the names of at least four candidates on an election ballot made available to all alumni. The election is competitive, with several board slots being filled each year. The annual election takes place during the months of March and April, and election results are announced in early May.
For More Information
- So You Want to Be a Member of the Alumni Advisory Board? presentation (PDF: 288 KB).
- Self-Nomination Form (PDF: 168 KB)